Red Hand of Doom - OOC

Rhun

First Post
- Gauntlets - Giant Strength (+2)
Zazz would like to stake his claim to these, as they would help him out quite a bit in combat. Though Voadam's character may find some use for these as well.

- Huge Gauntlet - +1 Spiked Gauntlet
Unless this can change size, I don't think anyone can use this. Possibly Voadam's PC if he has expansion power, but I can't find his character sheet to check.

- Dragon Skull - 1/day - Acid Breath as a 7th level sorceror
Probably Vira would find this most useful? Or Sascha?

- Desk - Equivalent to a Bag of Holding Type IV
Would be nice, but we can't really carry it with us. Maybe we can load it in Sascha's cart, to sell at a later time?

- Breastplate - +1 Acid Resistance Dragonhide Breastplate of Quickness
Seems like it would best suit Hurrow?

- Longsword - +1 Dragonbane Longsword
Open to debate. Zazz normally doesn't use a longsword in combat. With that said, I've got no problem with Vira keeping this to replace her longsword, but I honest don't see her getting close enough to a dragon to make use of it. Does Voadam's PC use a longsword?

- Staff - Staff of Life, 7 charges remaining
Can Hurrow use this?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
No love for Sascha in this loot, apparently. Are we doing to do the "distribute and hope something comes along" route or "divy up by gold and pay Sascha for the stuff you keep that he doesn't get in equivalency" route?

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ the desk - I lol'd at first when I saw it was equivalent to a bag of holding -- but it is a desk. perhaps with a command word (to be found later, perhaps?) it can be reduced in size? I hope so. 'Cuz who wants to cart around a home office?

@ the gauntlets - either Zazz or Voadam's pc

@ the staff -- not sure if Hurrow will be able to use - think the spells have to be on class spell list. Might need someone with a high UMD to activate

@ the longsword -- I can't believe no one else but Virashil uses a longsword. If that is true, then I want the gauntlets too. :) Vira the front line tank!

@ the skull -- renau1q - does it need to be worn to be used -- and also, would it actually fit a medium size humanoid? I would imagine dragon skulls to be quite large.

renau1g

First Post
No love for Sascha in this loot, apparently. Are we doing to do the "distribute and hope something comes along" route or "divy up by gold and pay Sascha for the stuff you keep that he doesn't get in equivalency" route?

Don't worry Sascha, I've got something for you in the near (relative in PbP terms) future.

@ the desk - I lol'd at first when I saw it was equivalent to a bag of holding -- but it is a desk. perhaps with a command word (to be found later, perhaps?) it can be reduced in size? I hope so. 'Cuz who wants to cart around a home office?

@ the gauntlets - either Zazz or Voadam's pc

@ the staff -- not sure if Hurrow will be able to use - think the spells have to be on class spell list. Might need someone with a high UMD to activate

@ the longsword -- I can't believe no one else but Virashil uses a longsword. If that is true, then I want the gauntlets too. :) Vira the front line tank!

@ the skull -- renau1q - does it need to be worn to be used -- and also, would it actually fit a medium size humanoid? I would imagine dragon skulls to be quite large.

The desk is more to reflect the bonus provided by the books that constitutes a library. It's not really expected to be a given item, more of a place if you ever want to do research during the adventure, you can.

Rhun.... Zazz doesn't use a longsword? Really? Wow... I thought you did.... what weapon does he use? Anyways...not sure if it was obvious or not, but it was meant to be a blade for Zazz.

The skull, it's been magically reduced to something you could place on a mantle (or in this case carry). You don't need to wear it, but the item needs to be pointed in the direction you wish the spell to be cast. It'll need to be either carried or drawn from someone's pack/haversack.

The gloves would be desired by Voadam as well (I'm assuming). I'd say fight amongst yourselves, but he's not here. Perhaps for now Sir Conrad won't say much, but once Voadam comes back we can talk about it?

Rhun

First Post
Rhun.... Zazz doesn't use a longsword? Really? Wow... I thought you did.... what weapon does he use? Anyways...not sure if it was obvious or not, but it was meant to be a blade for Zazz.

Shortsword, usually. I mean, Zazz could potentially use a longsword, but his feats and stances are built around him using a shortsword.

renau1g said:
The gloves would be desired by Voadam as well (I'm assuming). I'd say fight amongst yourselves, but he's not here. Perhaps for now Sir Conrad won't say much, but once Voadam comes back we can talk about it?

"Gloves, what gloves? Sir Knight, I think you must be mistaken. I had these on when we went down to the vault."

Truth be told, the gauntlets probably fit Voadam's PC better. Zazz takes advantage of weapon finesse, so the STR bonus would only help with damage, or if Zazz was using some other weapon that isn't finessable. Now if they were gloves of dexterity, that would be another matter completely. ;)

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hmm, a dragonheart mage with a dragonbane longsword...and a roll top desk! :)

If Sascha wants the skull, that's fine by me -- but direct damage would appear not to be his SOP.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hurrow would like the BP. I would think the gloves would fit better for Voadam's PC as well. Maybe the longsword can split into two shortswords? ;)

Remove ads