Red Hand of Doom - OOC

Rhun

First Post
I'll get right on it :devil:... maybe a short sword and a dagger...you'll be able to change the enchantment to another weapon at a later point in the adventure. Sorry 'bout that Zazz.

I'll remember that when you find a +5 small-sized dagger of vampire slaying! ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Might I request a potential rejiggering/retraining of our PCs when we (very, very soon?) hit 7th? I'm not sure we need some of the skill/etc. redundancy (Zazz could be less of a rogue if he wishes?). Just a thought now that the groups are different.

Rhun

First Post
Might I request a potential rejiggering/retraining of our PCs when we (very, very soon?) hit 7th? I'm not sure we need some of the skill/etc. redundancy (Zazz could be less of a rogue if he wishes?). Just a thought now that the groups are different.

I wouldn't mind redesigning Zazz into a pure swordsage, but he'd lose evasion (which was just proven to be an excellent ability in the last fight), and would lose some of the "feel" to the PC. So with that said, I think I'd keep the Rogue levels. I might adjust some skill points if that were allowed, though.

renau1g

First Post

No problem stonegod. Once levelled up I'll allow some re-training (similar to 4e), but a bit more drastic than 1 feat/skill/power.

Please let me know what you're thoughts are if you're planning to change either a class/PrC or other drastic change.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I wouldn't mind redesigning Zazz into a pure swordsage, but he'd lose evasion (which was just proven to be an excellent ability in the last fight), and would lose some of the "feel" to the PC. So with that said, I think I'd keep the Rogue levels. I might adjust some skill points if that were allowed, though.
Evasion is pretty sweet. Main thing I was thinking is that we probably don't need two Search/Open/Disarm monkeys in the party.
No problem stonegod. Once levelled up I'll allow some re-training (similar to 4e), but a bit more drastic than 1 feat/skill/power.
No other thoughts right now, though Sohen is aiming for Unseen Seer PrC (CompMag) I believe. Fits his modus operandi (he's a spy more than a thief).

renau1g

First Post
So I think the battle preperations are all set? I'll probably kick start things tomorrow, just let me know how far from the bridge (you come in from the south) you wish to start before you begin the plan? Underbrush ends about 150 feet south of the bridge.

Rhun

First Post
So I think the battle preperations are all set? I'll probably kick start things tomorrow, just let me know how far from the bridge (you come in from the south) you wish to start before you begin the plan? Underbrush ends about 150 feet south of the bridge.

Assuming there is a fairly thick canopy of foliage before the underbrush runs out...I say we park Sascha's cart at least 500' from the bridge and make our way on foor through the underbrush. We should cast our invisibility like 200 or 250' from the bridge.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Just read the ooc thread here, are the gauntlets of str +2 still available for the knight in armor? Best to get them on before fighting the dragon.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Assuming there is a fairly thick canopy of foliage before the underbrush runs out...I say we park Sascha's cart at least 500' from the bridge and make our way on foor through the underbrush. We should cast our invisibility like 200 or 250' from the bridge.

Agreed. Hurrow will be in aerial form at the edge of the trees. Once you guys are in striking distance, I'll head for the edge of the ravine.

Rhun

First Post
Just read the ooc thread here, are the gauntlets of str +2 still available for the knight in armor? Best to get them on before fighting the dragon.

Currently Zazz has the gauntlets and the longsword of dragonslaying. He can't use the longsword very effectively without the gauntlets, since it doesn't count as finessable. Does Sir Conrad want both of them?

Remove ads