Red Hand of Doom - OOC

renau1g

First Post
Graf said:
this is going to be a crazy party.
Forge of war had fluff about undead warforged no stats though. So there's some precident.

Sorry if we weren't supposed to have complete characters out yet. I guess I took the "may 19th or when we have good submissions" as being a call for more or less complete characters.

Sorry!

No worries Graf, it'll speed things along after the decision is made. I just know that sometimes it's frustrating spending a couple hours (usually for magic users) making a character sheet up and then not getting selected. I am sure everyone's busy, so I thought I'd save people the effort (if they wanted). Otherwise, I'm happy to see the enthusiasm! So far though not too many apps so the chances are good for players to get in :).

Graf

Explorer
renau1g said:
So far though not too many apps so the chances are good for players to get in :).
Reassuring! I'll try to clean up the background a bit.
But if not then I assume we'll be considered for alts.

Just cause it's cool.
[sblock=Undead Warforged]
The Woeforged
The necromancers of Karrnath have made a horrific
discovery deep in the [Mournland]. A band of warforged
once assumed to be part of the Lord of Blades’ cult are in
fact nothing of the kind. Just as the warforged are “sort
of” alive, they can apparently become “sort of” undead.
These “woeforged,” as the necromancers have come to
call them, are rusted and broken, just as normal undead
are often decayed, and they show the same affinity for
negative energy as other undead. Where they come from,
who created them, and what they can do remain unclear.​

Pasting the Necropolitan template should get you close to it.
I think you'd definitely beat out Morph for weirdest warforged character I've seen in actual play.
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hey! I call cheap shot! ;)

I've been trying to play Morph for quite some time. S@s's game came up with a perfect level and backstory to fit.

All in all, I hope the 'forged DN makes it, you've been great roleplaying Hudder and fully expect you to make this game as well.

Hopefully myself and my previous crew makes it as well, it'd be great!

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks renau1g. That would be better.

But this character is far from "crunch" optimized. I "loose" most of the warforged benefits (overlapping with undead), the only stat bonus a warforged get and the class features sometimes overlap with the undead type.

But the fluff is GREAT!!! :D

BTW: will the character type be

construct (unliving)

or undead (augmented construct)?

Graf

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
Hey! I call cheap shot! ;)

I've been trying to play Morph for quite some time. S@s's game came up with a perfect level and backstory to fit.

All in all, I hope the 'forged DN makes it, you've been great roleplaying Hudder and fully expect you to make this game as well.
Thanks. :)

Honestly, my initial reaction to Morph was not so positive. I fell into a bit of a my-fun-is-good-your-fun-is-bad trap. [sblock=The trap]I love the warforged fluff, so I thought that the I-don't-want-to-be-a-warforged stuff "missing the point". A "good warforged character" would be embracing the "coolness" of the warforged (a newly created race that was destroyed by an act of law, the same act which gave them their legal rights as sentient beings, etc etc).

I guess I had difficulty accepting that Morph running away from his identity was a valid (even cool) character choice.

I was like, you want to play a shapechanger? Play a changeling. Dur!

I have some dumb moments. Yup. I sure do.[/sblock]
So anyway I appreciate Morph, absent his being a cool character in and of himself, for having reminded me to be less pejorative about other people's concepts.

It'd suck if the MF-boss kills him. :(

EvolutionKB

First Post
Don't worry, I got his punk-a$$ and hopefully his wand too....though I was thinking that once Lo-kag disappeared that this was more of RP/story encounter than encounter that is supposed to end with the flayers all dead.

Edit: This really belongs on the AtG OOC board...but oh well, those that it applies to will see it here. ;)

Edit again: [sblock=Graf]Honestly I saw the 'forged as being the target of racism, hate, and such. Even if those feelings have gotten better in Khorvaire recently, racism against them still exists(as the same against minorities in the modern day USA). Morph was a target of them during his early years, hated it, became bitter, and sought others forms where he would/could be a valuable member of society.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Thanks renau1g. That would be better.

But this character is far from "crunch" optimized. I "loose" most of the warforged benefits (overlapping with undead), the only stat bonus a warforged get and the class features sometimes overlap with the undead type.

But the fluff is GREAT!!! :D

BTW: will the character type be

construct (unliving)

or undead (augmented construct)?

I'd think undead (augmented construct), as for the optimized I must agree with you, especially because the warforged takes a hit to Cha and the resulting Con benefit won't help now. I guess the only thing you still have from the race is the composite plating & slam attack... hmmmm I'll need to consider further.

Rhun

First Post
Hey renau1g,

So I've been playing with some concepts, and I think I'm going to submit a second concept for an elf Rogue/Swordsage...I think I'd really like to try this concept. He'll have the normal rogue skills, but he'll also have some interesting combat abilities. It'll probably be Monday, though, before I have the concept fleshed out.

Rhun

First Post
renau1g said:
Sounds good, I look forward to it, as long as it's up by midnight on Monday ;)

I will make it so. Since I'm playing a rogue/fighter in Kinem's game, I figured a rogue/swordsage would be enough of a change to keep things new and exciting. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases