Red Hand of Doom - OOC

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Not an important question, and only pertinent if chosen, but what's your ruling on mithral shirts being able to word under clothes? If they can, and since Sohen has shiftweave, glamered armor would not be strictly needed.

Of course, this is only really pertinent if he's chosen. :)

renau1g

First Post
I'm under the impression that it's so light and thin that it can be worn under clothing without issue. I would make any light armor that's mithril (I think only chain shirt from core, but not sure if there's other options in other books) would have that option.

renau1g

First Post
*Whew* I must say this is a very difficult things chosing between characters, there are so many good concepts, you've all made such great concepts I struggled to turn any of you away.

I've decided to run it with two groups (Similar to your Against the Giants s@s):

Group 1:

s@squ@tch - Elven Sorceror
EvolutionKB - Dreamsight Shifter Druid (shapeshifter variant)
Rhun - Dwarven Rogue/Fighter OR Rogue/Swordsage (Proposed - get it up Rhun!)
Graf - Dinoriding Halfling Battle-Sorceror
Please post in this RG (http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4232972#post4232972)

Group 2:

WalkingDad - Death-forged Necromancer
Jerrand Redband - Human Cleric
Voadam - Tiefling Soulknife
stonegod - Changeling beguiler
Arabesu - Shifter Wilder
Please post in this RG (http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4232974#post4232974)

Walking Dad

First Post
So, I'm in the group with the cleric who has taken turning feats...
I will take the Dread Necromancer to get the turn resistance feat (don't want to have my character destroyed after the first turn undead attempt). Even with this feat, my character will be turned on a 19+ (thanks to the improved turning feat :( ) (But I can bolster myself, given warning :) )

I still need to add some magic items (hat of disguise, composite plate enchantment...).
Is there any item that improves turn resistance (need one more level to be immune against inner party turning)?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
If you still want the Necromancer, don't worry about it, I'll assume that the cleric will need to target you with the ability in order for it to affect you.

Edit: You are assumed to be an adventuring group already, Jerrand's character can choose to skip over you with the check if he so chooses, and as you've worked together in the past (I'm assuming here that they know your true nature) he wouldn't want to destroy you ;)

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Woohoo! Congrats to everybody who made it in!

I tweaked my concept a little bit to make the Soulknights affiliated with the Triad. Ilmater worship is a good cover for a warrior masochist.

I can't remember off the top of my head for sure who the third triad member is after Tyr and Ilmater, is it Torm (I think so) or Helm?

Voadam

Legend
I didn't realize how expensive mithril full plate is. 10,500 gp which is over the 6,500 max gp limit per item.

I could do a mithril breastplate for 4,200 gp and be within the 1/2 cost and move at 40' from speed of thought and not spend a feat on heavy armor, but I'd lose 3 AC and be less of a tank.

I think I'll do that and bump up my dex a little bit from what I was originally considering.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases