IMPORTANT! Posting WotC articles wholesale...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey folks,

A lot of people have been pasting articles by WotC wholesale into threads and posts recently. We do understand that there are people with troubles viewing the original articles, but I'm afraid that we need to ask you to stop doing this.

What is OK

It's OK to post a snippet, some intro text or to summarize the contents of an article. As a rule of thumb, I'd keep any copy/pasted text to one paragraph or so.

I and the moderators will be keeping an eye out and removing any such posts from now on (we're not going to go back over old threads and hunt them down). Please don't create extra work for us, and if you see someone doing it, feel free to report the post so that we can get to it! :)

Thanks for understanding!

Last edited by a moderator:

cferejohn

First Post
Well being a DDI member *is* free for the time being, so I don't see what the big deal is.

One presumes that someone from Wizards asked Morrus to stop letting people post entire articles.

Engilbrand

First Post
Or it could be that people take a long time to change. In a few weeks, it won't be allowed at all. If they just said, "No more." people would continue to do it. By stopping it now, the posts will gradually slow until nobody is doing it.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Fiendish Dire Weasel said:
This is due to the fact that those articles are supposed to be a perk for only those with DDI accounts, as oppsed to ENWorld staffers being horrible human beings, correct?

Actually, US copyright law should be the primary reason. Copying a whole article does not constitute "fair use". Excerpts in review do.

Beckett

Explorer
Boarstorm said:

Scooper posts only link, but people are expecting the whole article here. So the scooper needs to copy and paste the whole thing, and then stick it in sblock tags so their post isn't huge.

Now the scooper just needs to put up the link, and that's all that's expected.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Beckett said:
Scooper posts only link, but people are expecting the whole article here. So the scooper needs to copy and paste the whole thing, and then stick it in sblock tags so their post isn't huge.

Now the scooper just needs to put up the link, and that's all that's expected.
Assuming, of course, that the link is accessible to us to-be-non-subscribing paeons...

Lanefan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases