Excerpt: Economies [merged]

DandD

First Post
Bah, back in your days, you used to hunt dinosaurs with sticks and get smelly worthless scales as treasures, and you were glad for it...

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I'd actually like to institute some rule where artifacts of a certain level cannot be easily disenchanted. It would be kind of weird if the Fellowship of the Ring broke down the One Ring into components for something else. :)

A'koss

Explorer
Whew... this allievated one of my biggest 4e concerns - being able to eliminate the buying and selling of magic items in the game gracefully. Disenchant/Re-enchant - works for me. :)

marune

First Post
Kordeth said:
Except that quest rewards and monster rewards aren't mutually exclusive, so the correct statement is "it's far more efficient to go on quests to kill monsters than to just roam the countryside killing monsters at random." ;)

And if you kill without making sure to suceed the quest, you are penalized (less XP). That is very nice.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
ppaladin123 said:
I'd actually like to institute some rule where artifacts of a certain level cannot be easily disenchanted. It would be kind of weird if the Fellowship of the Ring broke down the One Ring into components for something else. :)
Could be that the difficulty to disenchant increases with the power of the magic item. (This is under the assumption there is various difficulty levels with Rituals).

keterys

First Post
Assuming 5 PCs, a major quest is equivalent to a _Solo_ creature while a minor quest is equal to a normal creature.

Don't divide one and not the other. It misrepresents the situation :)

pawsplay

Hero
A'koss said:
Whew... this allievated one of my biggest 4e concerns - being able to eliminate the buying and selling of magic items in the game gracefully. Disenchant/Reinchant - works for me. :)

Logically, someone can and will sell a magic item, and someone may buy it. Kings, if no one else.

On the other hand, players being preoccupied with melting down magic items to make other magic items is not really my cup of tea.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases