Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Sagiro (from a while ago) said:
[...] the highest-level characters have recently hit 17th level, and thus have 9th level spells.

Speaking of which, Morningstar is likely to try one of them out next game. The bad news is: after the horrific events of last game, said spell is true resurrection.
Dun dun DUNNNNNN.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This game was awful. Not awful in a "we weren't having any fun," awful in a "our tactics were bad and even expecting this we got caught unprepared." The only reason Dranko was able to kill them was because he has two bonus attacks per round via the lasher PrC and haste. It still wasn't enough.

At the end of this game we really, really wanted to kill whoever left us this lovely parting gift.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Yep, I remember that being a frustrating evening. Ernie actually rates to do pretty well against Null Shadows, but my dice were stone cold, and with the poor tactical position I remember that I spent the whole battle running from place to place, just in time to have the little bastards dissapear. If this had been a comedy, Ernie's frantic dashing about would have been hilarious. As it was, it was a tragedy. Party front line fighter? Out of commission due to short legs.

EroGaki

First Post
:.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(!!!
Good grief, that fight was brutal! Poor Aravis! Poor Pewter! And poor cats! So do Null Shadows ignore magical effects that normally protect from touch attacks, such as mage armor?

Kaodi

Hero
Wow.

When was the last time someone bought the farm? Seems crazy to have lived through so many fights just to have Aravis go down to a bunch of measly null shadows, even if they are juiced up versions.

Aravis

First Post
I went home that night and as I was getting ready for bed, my wife groggily looked up at me and asked how it went. I said, "Aravis died," and then went downstairs to make sure lights were off and doors locked.

Needless to say, she was fully awake and really annoyed at me for saying that and then leaving her hanging. I then told her the whole story.

Aravis

Everett

First Post
Wow.

When was the last time someone bought the farm? Seems crazy to have lived through so many fights just to have Aravis go down to a bunch of measly null shadows, even if they are juiced up versions.

The last death was OCS. This was rather more random.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases