Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

energy_One

First Post
Everett said:
None of you are. At the same time, the exchange reminded me how inflexible alignment often feels. If I'm CN, but the character's in a situation where he might act like a chaotic good guy (or might act a little flippantly "evil"), I can't just necessarily do it without wondering about the fictional "axis" I'm supposed to be on.

I guess that's why the only D&D I have is reading this Story Hour...

I find alignment extremely useful, especially when I let my players know that alignment isn't strict, it's just strictly defined. After a certain point, if they aren't acting according to their alignment, I tell them what their alignment actually is. Until then, mechanics that act according to alignment act according to what their alignment supposedly is. I've known people to arbitrate this through point systems. That seems to work fairly well, but I can be a fairly arbitrary DM at times.

Didn't Dranko's alignment shift at some point, long ago?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yup. He started off pure neutral with some chaotic tendencies, slid to neutral with good tendencies, then ended up solidly at neutral good. It was deliberate and made a lot of sense at the time. Morningstar is still true neutral, though, and she can be quite the pragmatist; she's not quite as concerned about "doing the good thing" as the rest of us are. She rolls her eyes a lot.

By the way, want some proof that Sagiro is evil? Something he did to Dranko in run 39, something like twelve years ago in real time, has just come back to ream bite him on the ass. Sagiro's a bad, bad man.

Last edited:

The_Warlock

Explorer
Piratecat said:
...something like twelve years ago in real time, has just come back to bite him...

Sign of quality DMing there...I only waited 7 years in my campaign to catch the priestess with the Euryale Card save penalty from a Deck of Many Things draw she'd made and not researched...

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I've wondered how the Crosser's Maze issue would be resolved for some time. It doesn't seem to have been abused much from reading the story hour, where it seems that it could have been. I still love reading about these characters, and this adventure, though probably not as much as the players enjoy participating.

Thanks again for enjoyable entertainment.

GW

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll tell you what it has come to. It's come to an egregious spoiler, that's what. Anyone remember back in Het Brannoi, when we were fleeing the tentacular and horrific cleaners from the Far Realm? Dranko threw an empty bottle with a note in it ("Dranko was here") into the void as we fled. I thought it was funny and kind of clever and utterly inconsequential in a throwaway sort of moment. Like throwing a note in a bottle off a ship into the ocean.

Well, last week, just as Dranko said "Ha! Suckers. My life is boring. No one exciting is trying to kill me," Sagiro said, "Funny you should say that."

And tentacles ripped through my chest, my abdomen, my back, and my eye as something inhuman started talking to me in my head. It began something like "As per the ancient pacts that bind our kind, I have accepted your offer and demand payment..."

And the tentacle emerging from my eye was holding a little glass bottle with a note in it.

They found me.

Dranko is so screwed.

EroGaki

First Post
Holy Crap!! Now we must have an update!! You can't say that Dranko is dealing with Far Realm horrors and not provide an update! It's just.... wrong!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
And tentacles ripped through my chest, my abdomen, my back, and my eye as something inhuman started talking to me in my head. It began something like "As per the ancient pacts that bind our kind, I have accepted your offer and demand payment..."

And the tentacle emerging from my eye was holding a little glass bottle with a note in it.

They found me.

Dranko is so screwed.

Is it wrong of me to want to collapse on the floor laughing at this? That is so, so RBDM on Sagiro - sir, my congratulations!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Holy Crap!! Now we must have an update!! You can't say that Dranko is dealing with Far Realm horrors and not provide an update! It's just.... wrong!
Well, Sagiro probably won't get to this for some time. But I know he's working on an update!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases