Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Everett

First Post
Everything in the poem seems to make sense, in the way of things once you know all the answers. (Which of course the players didn't at the time.) So what, if anything, remains to be explained?

No idea. But they wouldn't be visiting Thunder's stall if there were nothing left to discover about Step's story line, now would they?

And WHY, oh why do cats think Aravis is "like a cat"? Been waiting years for it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The fight in the inn was spectacular, a ludicrous avalanche of desperate tactics. Ernie and Flicker were in the -20s or -30s for hit points, but the daggers that the assassins used kept the victim alive and unconscious at that point.

Interesting fact: I seem to remember that Dranko got sick at Saum Derry's because I remembered, and failed, the poison's secondary effect a minute later. It brought his constitution (or maybe strength? I forget) down to single digits or zero, enough that I think I was going to die as soon as a buffing spell wore off. They really got our attention.

Aravis

First Post
Doesnt Aravis have 7th level spells?

I was always under the impression that by this point standard operating procedure fro your average group of (justifiably) paranoid high level adventurers was to always sleep in a MMM.

Aside from what Sagiro has already posted on this, Aravis does not have the MMM spell.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And we're bitter about it. He's such a slacker, I swear. In fact, when we played last night and slept overnight in a rope trick, Flicker was complaining about this very thing.

Aravis

First Post
And we're bitter about it. He's such a slacker, I swear. In fact, when we played last night and slept overnight in a rope trick, Flicker was complaining about this very thing.

Okay, Okay! I feel really bad now. I promise, I will learn MMM and use ALL of my 7th, 8th, and 9th level slots for it...you know, just to make up for being such a slacker and a selfish lout.

;)

Sagiro: "The massive army of extraplanar ickiness swarms towards you, and--"
Aravis: "I cast magnificent mansion. We all pile in."
Sagiro: "But... the bad guys..."
Aravis: "Screw them. We're comfy in here."
Sagiro: "Uh... fine. Eventually you'll have to come out."
Aravis: "I've got 8 copies of it prepared. I'll just keep recasting them every couple hours, one inside the other*, then resting and refreshing spell slots. We're safe in our infinite recursion of mansions and there's nothing you can do about it."
Sagiro: "Nooooooo! All my years of work, wasted!"

* In all seriousness, I don't see anything in the spell description that says you can't do this. Other than the fact that it's suuuuper cheesy.

Aravis

First Post
* In all seriousness, I don't see anything in the spell description that says you can't do this. Other than the fact that it's suuuuper cheesy.

Now that I have stopped laughing, that sure would get that look from Sagiro that we sure do enjoy.

It does beg the question about what happens to an extra-dimensional space when the extra-dimensional space that it was cast within goes away...I am sure the answer can be found in Onions...

Davek

First Post
Now that I have stopped laughing, that sure would get that look from Sagiro that we sure do enjoy.

It does beg the question about what happens to an extra-dimensional space when the extra-dimensional space that it was cast within goes away...I am sure the answer can be found in Onions...

I think as DM I would allow it, but when the party finally does exit the last MMM they would not be where they started (some random extradimensional place)

Lord Pendragon

First Post

If memory serves, doesn't placing one extra-dimensional space inside another cause both to be destroyed, and form a vortex into the Astral Plane? :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases