Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ditto. I don't think I would have put any levels in fighter if we were building these characters in 3e. I would have gone straight cleric, because nothing matches the power of raw 3e cleric.

If we were building them in 4e? I wouldn't have built Ernie. You just can't get the same feel.

Funny. I thought you'd be able to get that kind of feel in a lot of ways in 4e.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Ditto. I don't think I would have put any levels in fighter if we were building these characters in 3e. I would have gone straight cleric, because nothing matches the power of raw 3e cleric.

Except maybe raw 3E druid.

If we were building them in 4e? I wouldn't have built Ernie. You just can't get the same feel.

If you were building in 4E, what would you do to get Ernie the way you imagine him?

KidCthulhu

First Post
If you were building in 4E, what would you do to get Ernie the way you imagine him?

Er, not make him? I don't want to say I hate 4e, but I'm certainly still getting my mind adjusted to liking it, and it's taking some work. The feel is so very different that I'm not sure what I'd do.

Everett

First Post
Null Shadows are immune to all magic. Magic armor bonuses and spells that increase ACE are nothing to them. Even Mage Armor. If the bonus comes from magic, it doesn't count. Even if the bonus adds to your natural armor. Magic sword? Goes right through them. They don't just ignore the magical bonus. They ignore the item if it has any magic associated with it. Ditto magical armor, rings of deflection, etc.

I know Sagiro posted their stats somewhere, but I don't think he's posted these new and "improved" version.

The original version is on StevenAC's Sagiro's SH site.

Blacklamb

First Post
Hey!
It's been awhile since I've been on EN world but dang I missed your Story Hour Sagiro.

Question for ya tho, is there an updated link to the all the major PC's?
The class talk a few posts ago got me curious about lvl and such and I'm always curious about magic items players create too!

Looking forward to the next post, and so Aravis vengeance!

Jackylhunter

First Post
Er, not make him? I don't want to say I hate 4e, but I'm certainly still getting my mind adjusted to liking it, and it's taking some work. The feel is so very different that I'm not sure what I'd do.

I'm with you KidC. I'm playing 3.5e, and I'm happy with it. I've not heard one thing about 4e that makes me want to play it. Can you say T$R?

Seule

Explorer
I think the question I'm wondering is what about him doesn't fit 4e? Doubtless there's things about Ernie you see that I don't see (or just don't remember from the storyhour), so I'm curious.
Don't feel pressured to answer if you don't want to, though, I'm well aware that not all characters (or players, or settings) mesh well with all systems.

--Penn

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases