Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
From my side at least our combats frequently feel like mad scrambles through our character sheets to pull out SOMETHING that will keep us alive a bit longer.
Such a satisfying fight.

I don't know about anyone else, but one of my goals when I level up Dranko is to simplify his character sheet. I'm going to get rid of minor magical items that make things harder to track, I'm going to list out what bonuses he gets from where, and I'm going to try to streamline the sheet to eliminate some of the cruft. We'll see how it works.

Yeah, archiving some of the lower level stuff is a good idea... this combat was particularly challenging because I had the usual 3 pages of character sheet/items, 6 pages of spells (long-ish because I have a one line mini-cheat for each one to remind me what the heck they do and what page of which book to find t hem in) PLUS 3 or 4 pages of ava dormo abilities, 3 pages describing the abilities of the priestesses involved, the godsend of a cheat sheet you made me, and the handy page KidCithulu made with all of the stuff she cast on me. I swear when I looked down the page I needed was never there!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
The Octesian fight has been hanging over us for just about 5 months in real time. It lasted 3 sessions..and the sessions were very spread out due to a lot of people being busy with their real lives. One big reason for a lot of the delays was Grey Wolf and I having a baby :) Our baby is 4.5 months old now and we've finally finished the fight!

Congratulations on the baby! Another gamer brought into the world. :)

Siuis

Explorer
Ach, you all are killing me!
All these subtle hints (subtle as a Dranko at least) about your cool superawesomebossfightextraordinaire extravaganza, and we don't get to see it! For a good while, at least...

Is anyone sure that these posts all come from the players? Maybe Sagiro is posting all these teasers under psuedonyms; an extra layer of illigitimate rodentry, maybe? Don't know the man enough to put it past him...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I don't think anyone has even considered epic classes. At lvl 20, it'll be at least six months before we'll need to think about it. Speaking just for myself, Dranko would continue in rogue or lasher. I don't think we'll be using the Epic Handbook as written in any case.

I'll post my lvl 20 sheet for anyone curious. This doesn't have the personal history, personal rules or information about his church; it does have the souvenir list and all current combat stats (along with a few typos).

Attachments

• Dranko Brightshield - lvl 20 notes.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

That's actually not that bad of a PC sheet in terms of complexity, for 20th level.

At least you have your attack bonuses written out and don't have to calculate them every... single... time.... (That's my #1 pet peeve when DMing.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases