Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You mean your arch-villains don't have Clones, Contingent Resurrections, pending Lichdom, or other ways of returning from the Dead? ;)
Yeah, that hadn't actually occurred to me until I read this. Thanks a lot. I knew we should have gone back to Kai Kin and dropped three or four earthquakes on the temple complex. We didn't, though, because aside from neutral-and-pragmatic Morningstar we want to be the heroes. Becoming city-leveling bullies isn't really our thing.

LightPhoenix, for what it's worth, in the round where both Aravis and Greywolf died I thought we might have a TPK on our hands. Plenty challenged!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We played tonight. Sagiro is a giant rat bastard, roles are reversed, Dranko's normal combat style has definitely been torn out of a rut, it is in fact possible to hate Meledien even more than I previously did, the term "meat-shield" can sometimes become quite terrifyingly literal, never throw out your old magic items, and - possibly for the first time in years - Dranko is looking at death. Justifiably so.

Rat. Bastard.

Siuis

Explorer
And "geelong" on google and wikipedia only turns up a city in Australia. So what's it mean?
No clue. I tried to explain my lack of cohesion with "geeking out" and my phone changed the word. I can neither preview nor edit my posts, either; my browser crashes and I lose the message. So I corrected myself in a later post.

Games like Sepulchrave II's are interesting as a diversion, but unless everyone is on the ball, or some folks get plot armor, it quickly becomes a no-fun endeavor. I'm going to attack an advanced Vecna (I have 48 hitdice, and redundant caster levels) and while there's an in-game reason for it, I'm kinda hoping my character will die. It's surreal.

I am, as ever, interested in seeing how the story hour here pans out. Abernathy's company are quite a fine crew, and engaging- this is the only SH I've read where I care about the story several times more than the metagame. I don't care what Dranko's exact HP total is; I care that he's still alive. That's rare to find online.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases