Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (updated 4/10/14) - Page 62

+ Log in or register to post
Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast
    Kickstarting TimeWatch!
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Ý Ignore Piratecat
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    You mean your arch-villains don't have Clones, Contingent Resurrections, pending Lichdom, or other ways of returning from the Dead?
    Yeah, that hadn't actually occurred to me until I read this. Thanks a lot. I knew we should have gone back to Kai Kin and dropped three or four earthquakes on the temple complex. We didn't, though, because aside from neutral-and-pragmatic Morningstar we want to be the heroes. Becoming city-leveling bullies isn't really our thing.

LightPhoenix, for what it's worth, in the round where both Aravis and Greywolf died I thought we might have a TPK on our hands. Plenty challenged!
    - Piratecat, EN World Admin. Now Kickstarting TimeWatch, a time travel game - please go check it out!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ý Ignore Joshua Randall
    City-Leveling Bullies sounds a lot meaner than Spire Guard, that's for sure.
    Still excited about 4th edition!

'If there steady paycheck in it, Krusk rage against anything you say.' - this post

Kickstarting TimeWatch!
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Ý Ignore Piratecat
    We played tonight. Sagiro is a giant rat bastard, roles are reversed, Dranko's normal combat style has definitely been torn out of a rut, it is in fact possible to hate Meledien even more than I previously did, the term "meat-shield" can sometimes become quite terrifyingly literal, never throw out your old magic items, and - possibly for the first time in years - Dranko is looking at death. Justifiably so.

Rat. Bastard.
    - Piratecat, EN World Admin. Now Kickstarting TimeWatch, a time travel game - please go check it out!

Has he grown into a dire rat bastard?
    Red Hot Swing
    "In Inspired Sarlona, nightmares have you!" -Klaus

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ý Ignore Innocent Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by blargney the second View Post
    Has he grown into a dire rat bastard?
    Wouldn't it technically be 'advanced' into a dire rat bastard? Though I don't recall seeing a DM advancement table in the DMG
    It may only be two cents, but at least it's MY two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    And "geelong" on google and wikipedia only turns up a city in Australia. So what's it mean?
    No clue. I tried to explain my lack of cohesion with "geeking out" and my phone changed the word. I can neither preview nor edit my posts, either; my browser crashes and I lose the message. So I corrected myself in a later post.

Games like Sepulchrave II's are interesting as a diversion, but unless everyone is on the ball, or some folks get plot armor, it quickly becomes a no-fun endeavor. I'm going to attack an advanced Vecna (I have 48 hitdice, and redundant caster levels) and while there's an in-game reason for it, I'm kinda hoping my character will die. It's surreal.

I am, as ever, interested in seeing how the story hour here pans out. Abernathy's company are quite a fine crew, and engaging- this is the only SH I've read where I care about the story several times more than the metagame. I don't care what Dranko's exact HP total is; I care that he's still alive. That's rare to find online.

Quote Originally Posted by Siuis View Post
    I don't care what Dranko's exact HP total is; I care that he's still alive.
    Didn't you hear? Dranko is dead!
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Kickstarting TimeWatch!
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Ý Ignore Piratecat
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargo View Post
    Didn't you hear? Dranko is dead!
    Son of a monkey! Sagiro was a designer on Thief, so I think that's "my" Dranko! I had no idea.

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ý Ignore Sagiro
    Heh. I had forgotten all about that!

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Blog Entries
    WotBS ZEITGEIST

Ý Ignore RangerWickett
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratecat View Post
    Son of a monkey! Sagiro was a designer on Thief, so I think that's "my" Dranko! I had no idea.
    And E.N. Publishing killed Emperor Drakus Coaltongue in the prologue of War of the Burning Sky. Man can't catch a break.
    Ryan "RangerWickett" Nock
    Director of the ZEITGEIST campaign saga.

The most cinematic adventure path for 4th Edition and Pathfinder.

Now available - Admiral o' the High Seas, and ZEITGEIST adventure seven, Schism! For Pathfinder and D&D 4e.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast