+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 296
Sunday, 18th May, 2008, 09:04 AM #1
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell
edit: closed now.
Might take one or two more if people ask nicely (just cause there isn't much 4e around yet).There are a lot of fantastic 4e games around now and more starting up. I'm dis-inclined to try to take more folks on the basis of that.
If you're really having trouble getting into games I'd want to consider including people.
- Walking Dad (Human Warlock)
- stonegod (HE Cleric)
- kinem (Dwarf Fighter)
- EvKB ("Lizardman" Paladin)
- Enekose (Elvin Ranger)
The game will be straight KotS with whatever web enhancements come out (supposedly they'll be correcting the pregens and providing some Eberron material to go with it next week).
- WotC Published pregens; using the updated rules (you must update to the newest version, so if you play the halfling paladin from DnD Experience you're still using the corrected mark power)
- you can "swap out" powers/feats for any other WotC published powers/feats
- Six - eight person groups (if people drop I can just feed them to the monsters and carry on)
- No more than two of the same pregen character
- You're expected to post every 24 hours or so on the weekdays; if you don't I may "go for you". (More likely if it's your action and I haven't heard from you, less likely if not)
- If you post on time and in character you'll get
+2 to whatever you're doingbrownie points. edit: Remembering to add +2 to everything was giving me a headache.
- Each character must be eberronified; I.e. the should fit into a game being run in the WotC setting called Eberron (don't kill yourself with a complex back story if you don't feel like it)
- Character applications must follow the template (more or less)
- Combat posts should follow the template too, if you don't reflect updated info (like say the +2 to defenses you get the round after you use second wind) then you (probably) won't get the benefit.
- My goal is to run good, fast, low-stress games. If you've a proven history of posting regularly in past games you're more likely to be accepted. (Life is life, but this exercise is supposed to be fun-roleplaying, disappearing players makith things a bit stressful for everyone).
- edit: The posts do not have to be extremely detailed. Die rolling is optional. I just need to know what, basically, you're trying to do.
- Everyone takes vacations/has busy periods. If you post/email/PM me before hand to let me know you're away then we'll work something out (at the very least I guarantee you won't suffer in game)
- I expect you to work to avoid finding out about KotS; don't read spoilers, etc
- Probably start in media(sp?) res at the first encounter.
- added: Your characters are traveling together looking for Douven ir'Staul a Clifftop fixture who disappeared several months ago. He was a mentor an inveterate explorer of old ruins and often mentored young adventurers and other assorted neir-do-wells. So you should have some reason why you'd be out traveling with a bunch of strangers looking for him (his wife a fetching Khoravar named Lissa has been asking around trying to get people to find him).
Clifftop is a neighborhood in Sharn (Upper Dura) that predominantly caters to adventurers.
All things being equal I'll take people who are DM/GM/ST/Keepering PbP games over people who aren't. I think that's fair really.
Some useful posts:
Action points in 4e
Temp rules for Stealth & Stuff #1 #2
Some simple healing rules to tide us over.
And some simple stuff about marking.
Last edited by Graf; Wednesday, 25th June, 2008 at 02:25 AM.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Sunday, 18th May, 2008, 09:51 AM #2
Superhero (Lvl 15)
Tyron "Torn" Duskmeadow
Last edited by Walking Dad; Sunday, 28th September, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
Sunday, 18th May, 2008, 11:53 AM #3
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
I'll like to give it a try. Going for the dragonborn Paladin. Will make official submission later(probably tomorrow).
Monday, 19th May, 2008, 01:47 PM #4
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
I'm really not sure how the fay part of your background and all those different fay mesh into eberron. The feywild is almost certainly going to become the "fairy plane" that Eberron already has. And when you level up and get new powers I'm not sure that you'll necessarily be being taught them by someone new. (Like, if you get a new shadow power do a bunch of Shadar-kai come and teach you?)
It'd be awesome, I think, in a different sort of game, but this going to be beer and pretzles, and pretty much by the book.
How does something like this sound for your patron:
[INDENT]When the Demons ruled the land, for lack of more interesting targets, the Laughing Man harried them with his violent jests; some say he is the first of the fey, the others the last, others that he was not fey at all but mearly plays at being one. When the Rainbow Serpents bound the darkness into the bones he skipped through their coils and off to the other worldly wilds. He helped the Gatekeepers during the last dark hours, though no story agrees on how or why. There are old places where you can go to call him still, and make promises that only he could fulfill. Blood is his wine of chioce, but he's peculiar about the vintage, only wine fermented in a evil vessel and spilled on the battle field pleases him.[/INDENT]
So he's one patron of unknown (possibly great) power and mysterious and ancient heritage. He can have summoned different fae to have taught you, and when you level you may have some sort of fx (like if you learn a shadow spell then the party member on watch could catch a glimpes of a shadowy figure speaking to you in the dawn light) but you have a single relationship with a single primal force.
Also, not exactly sure that Eladrin will be living in the feywild in Eberron. It seems more likely to me that they'll just be elves from Aerenal.
Of course, since non-elves aren't welcome in Aerenal it can fulfill basically the same role as the feywild does. It's someplace where your mother is that you couldn't go.
Sharn, goblins, seducing noble daughters, etc all work great.
EvKB, looking forward to it.
Last edited by Graf; Monday, 19th May, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Monday, 19th May, 2008, 08:00 PM #5
Superhero (Lvl 15)
Sounds reasonable, I will edit the background. But Eladrin will retain thei signature fey-step ability? What about a piece of Aerenal that is connected with the feyrealm (don't remeber the Eberron name at the moment), like Sharn is connected to another (that allows the city structure).Originally Posted by Graf
The patron sounds cool enough. Can I give him some other strange nicknames?
Crunch: I would like to take the mini-fireball wizard at-will power as my bonus encounter instead of ray of frost, if this is fine by you.
Last edited by Walking Dad; Monday, 19th May, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Monday, 19th May, 2008, 11:24 PM #6
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
IIRC elves were split into two catagories to try to deal with the perfect-race thing they had going.Originally Posted by Walking Dad
there were the immortal super intelligent uber-arcanists and the natural druidic lives-in-trees type.
If you're going to say which is which in Eberron I think its fairly clear. Aerenal elves have tended to have feats focused around superior magical ability, Aerenal itself is almost a land removed already.
The elf powers like "faster overland movement" scream "valenar warband" to me. It's not like all teleport spells require a connection to the feywild (which doesn't exist per se in Eberron anyway).
Will they tie it in with the The-something Manifest Zone? Maybe. It's a good idea. I don't know if I need to say where the mini-teleport comes from...
it's not my favorite situation but given that there's nothing on Eberron I think we need to just go with what seems like it would make sense.
Tuesday, 20th May, 2008, 12:07 AM #7
Waghalter (Lvl 7)
Where can we find these pregens?
I'm thinking of trying a fighter.
Tuesday, 20th May, 2008, 12:55 AM #8
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
@WD any swaps are fine, just indicate in your application and include links.
@kinem. The pregens are available all over. The 4e forum has whole threads about them. There are some websites up (dnd 4e.com or something?). Try google if you're having trouble.
I'll accept either the DnD Experience Pregens or the Keep on the Shadowfell pregens.
Tuesday, 20th May, 2008, 12:58 AM #9
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
I've seen the adventure, I actually have the materials to run the first few encounters already.
So we'll probably start pretty much just as soon after characters are selected.
Tuesday, 20th May, 2008, 02:16 AM #10
Waghalter (Lvl 7)
Character Name: Brock Ironforge
Current Nationality: Brelish
Nation of Birth: Mror Holds
Rank (if any) you held during the Last War: Sargeant
Pregen you're using: D&D experience, Kathra Ironforge
Any modifications: male
Background: The Last War made Brock realize that long term prosperity depends on getting along with and knowing about other peoples besides just one's own clan. He travelled to Sharn for a crash course in becoming worldly.
Appearance: Stout, muscular, bald but with a long red beard.
Why would you go looking for Douven ir'Staul? He was a friend who was part of a party Brock once accompanied to explore Sharn's undercity.
Stat block: see pregen
Running any games (on Enworld or elsewhere): X4: Master of the Desert Nomads
BTW, I will be OOT Thurs 5/22 - Sun 5/25.
By Graf in forum Playing the GameReplies: 383Last Post: Friday, 19th September, 2008, 10:14 PM
By drothgery in forum Playing the GameReplies: 112Last Post: Tuesday, 19th August, 2008, 05:29 AM
By Mort_Q in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: Saturday, 24th May, 2008, 01:13 AM
By RangerWickett in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: Friday, 22nd December, 2006, 08:11 PM
By BobProbst in forum General DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: Friday, 2nd July, 2004, 01:43 AM