[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

Walking Dad

First Post
Is the map correct? Tyron is on q9, but he should have moved to q10.

Bit of a strange mechanic, marked by someone who cannot perceive the target... Perhaps there are some extra rules about it in the full-rules.

Graf

Explorer
Sorry. Yeah. Will fix his position.
Marks are... some what nonsensical. They work well for paladins and sorta good for fighters, but the general solider marks are pretty light on fluff.
They make a lot lot of sense in game terms though (i.e. give you a reason why you'd want to attack soldier/defender types).
Personally I think you kinda have to just hit the "I believe" button and move on. It's just a -2.

The mark will disappear on it's next action, which happens before yours. So, unless he hits you again (rather unlikely) you'll be unmarked when you go.

I'll leave you guys to talk tactics, but, this is beer and pretzels, feel free to make whatever kind of OOC plans, discussions, etc you like.

Graf

Explorer
Fixed map up. Zoomed it out a bit so people have a better idea about what's around them.

Gonna go offline for my crazy weekend (crazy-studying, not crazy-partying unfortunately). See you all on Monday.

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Generalized type tak'n care of folks with the proper skill]
First Aid
Make a Heal check to administer first aid.
First Aid: Standard action.
  • Use Second Wind: Make a DC 10 Heal check to allow an adjacent character to use his or her second wind (page 291) without the character having to spend an action. The character doesn’t gain the defense bonuses normally granted by second wind.
  • Stabilize the Dying: Make a DC 15 Heal check to stabilize an adjacent dying character. If you succeed, the character can stop making death saving throws
    until he or she takes damage. The character’s current hit point total doesn’t change as a result of being stabilized.
  • Grant a Saving Throw: Make a DC 15 Heal check. If you succeed, an adjacent ally can immediately make a saving throw, or the ally gets a +2 bonus to a saving throw at the end of his or her next turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Healing o' those persons who are due to be relieved of the affliction of life in short order (i.e. the Dying)]
When you are dying, any healing restores you to at least 1 hit point. If someone has stabilized you using the Heal skill but you receive no healing, you regain hit points after an extended rest.
HEALING A DYING CHARACTER
  • Regain Hit Points: When you are dying and receive healing, you go to 0 hit points and then regain hit points from the healing effect. If the healing effect requires you to spend a healing surge but you have none left, you are restored to 1 hit point.
  • Become Conscious: As soon as you have a current hit point total that’s higher than 0, you become conscious and are no longer dying. (You are still prone until you take an action to stand up.)
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
You have to MARK each round. Generally speaking, because you're starting off, (and cause I know it's a pain in the ***) I'm not troubling you to remember it/state it.
It's usually pretty obvious.

The two classes actually mark in a radically different way

Paladin's us a minor action to issue a Divine Challenge (which is a mark)
It's kinda complex; basically the simple version is that you use a minor to mark someone within 5 squares and as long as you stay "engaged" with them you can keep the mark.
[sblock=Pally challenge]Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target, or if you fail to engage the target (see below). A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.
While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. Also, it takes radiant damage equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier the first time it makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target before the start of your next turn.
On your turn, you must engage the target you challenged or challenge a different target. To engage the target, you must either attack it or end your turn adjacent to it. If none of these events occur by the end of your turn, the marked condition ends and you can’t use divine challenge on your next turn.
You can use divine challenge once per turn.
Special: Even though this ability is called a challenge, it doesn’t rely on the intelligence or language ability of the target. It’s a magical compulsion that affects the creature’s behavior, regardless of the creature’s nature. You can’t place a divine challenge on a creature that is already affected by your or another character’s divine challenge.[/sblock]

The fighter and most monsters can marks anyone they attack (hit or miss). It's not an action.

I think I've been having the fighter and monsters hit to mark, but that was apparently wrong in the case of the fighter (still not sure about the monster).

Graf

Explorer
Thank you! I think I'd forgotten you'd put that there. The dice are not with you.

PS how do you feel about the cleric, I've heard opinions that the pregen is not very well put together (i.e. misses a lot).
When you get back to town you're welcome to redo your stats if you like.

Once WD has given Tyron's next action we're good to go .

Graf

Explorer
If I understand it correctly Iridan is awake and rejoins the battle at initiative count 10 (right after the effect that brought him back). I'll post the next round I think once I get up and to the right computer.

I'm thinking that "tricking the kobold into flanking itself" will be Zaram's bluff (+3?) vs the kobold's perception (+2). If someone wants to roll that it'd be fine, or you can wait for me.
Of course knowing the outcome might affect the actions of people lome B Brock.
If Zaram wins it'll wind up between the two of them. Otherwise it moves directly "west".

Graf

Explorer
KD2 having been flanked when Zaram struck means that he's down.

In defense of the "nigh-indestructable kobold" who has absorbed two eyebite criticals, and one scotching blast and is still up...
He's got resist fire (so the scortching blast didn't do as much damage) and the temporary hitpoints cushioned the last critical.

I guess in a "normal" game I'd just say "you blow him away" and move on. Narratively it's vastly more interesting than "you almost kill him with your awesome attack", but I guess I felt that this game ought to run by the book?

Anyway, it'd stick in my craw if I were a player but I figure that, since this is everyone's first 4e outing (?) by-the-book was the order of the day.

Graf

Explorer
So.... how about them dice...

Just for clarity, if Tyron had made his stealth roll in round 3, and the KWpr had failed the perception 20 (passive stealth +10) check to notice him on its turn then it wouldn't have included him the dragon breath effect.
But Tyron missed the first roll so...

Also area & close attacks aren't affected by concealment (which is why there was no penalty on the attack roll vs Tyron).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases