stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Character Name: Adain Urstandar
Current Nationality: Breland
Nation of Birth: Breland
Race: Khoravar
Rank (if any) you held during the Last War: N/A
Pregen you're using: Half-elf Cleric
Any modifications: Bolstering Strike as an encounter power (half-elf feature)

Background: Born of an affluent Sharn merchant family (shipping, a subsidiary of Lyandar), Adain wanted for nothing. His days were that of a wealthy scion living in the clouds; the boy rarely ventured to ground-bound Sharn (even its highest towers) for much of his youth. It was not until he accompanied Father to some dealing in Clifftop that he managed to see how the others lived. That is where he met ir'Staul, an associate of his Father's. Douven showed him some of more of "real life", and it was indirectly through him that he found his faith in the Flame. Forsaking his wealth, Adain became a Templar of the Flame.
Appearance: Somewhat good looking Khoravar who shaves his head as part of his devotion to the Flame.
Why would you go looking for Douven ir'Staul? ir'Staul was a mentor of Adain, and indirectly got him to 'see the light' of the Flame (though it wasn't exactly Douven's wishes).

[sblock=Stat block]Adain Urstandar Level 1 Half-elf Cleric
Initiative +0; Senses Perception +3; low-light vision
HP 26; Bloodied 13; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 9
AC 16; Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 15
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee: Mace (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+3 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage
:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+2 vs AC; 1d8 damage
:ranged: Lance of Faith (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Ranged 5; one creature; +3 vs. Reflex; 1d8+3 radiant damage and one ally Adain can see gains a +2 power bonus to their next attack roll against the target.
:ranged: Sacred Flame (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Ranged 5; one creature; +3 vs. Reflex; 1d6+3 radiant damage, and one ally Adain chooses either gains temporary +3 hp or can make a saving throw.
:melee: Healing Strike (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon
+3 vs. AC; 2d8+1 radiant damage, and the target is marked until the end of Adain's next turn. In addition, Adain or one ally within 5 squares of him can spend a healing surge.
:melee: Bolstering Strike (standard; encounter) ✦ Divine, Weapon
+5 vs. AC; 1d8+3 damage, and Adain gains 3 temporary hit points.
:close: Beacon of Hope (standard; daily) ✦ Divine, Healing, Implement
Close burst 3; +3 vs. Will vs. each enemy in the burst; Hit: Target is weakened until the end of its next turn; Effect: Adain and all allies in the burst region regain 5 hit points, and his healing powers restore +5 hit points until the end of the encounter.
:close: Healing Word (minor; twice per encounter, once per round) ✦ Divine, Healing
Close burst 5; Either Adain or one ally can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune (free; encounter [only one Channel divinity power can be used per encounter) ✦ Divine
Adain gainst a +1 bonus to his next attack roll or saving throw before the end of his next turn.
:close: Channel Divinity: Turn Undead (standard; encounter [only one Channel divinity power can be used per encounter) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Close burst 2; +3 vs. Will (each undead in burst); Hit: 1d10+3 radiant damage, and Adain can push the target 6 squares. Target is immobilized until the end of his next turn. Miss: Half damage, and the target is not pushed or immobilized.
:ranged: Channel Divinity: Armor of Silver Flame (immediate interrupt; encounter [only one Channel divinity power can be used per encounter) ✦ Divine
Ranged 5; Trigger: Enemy scores a critical hit on Adain or an ally; Turns a critical hit into a normal hit.
Healer's Lore
Any healing granted with a cleric power that has the Healing keyword adds +3 to the restored hit points.
Group Diplomacy
Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Lawful Good; Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
Str 13 (+1) Dex 11 (+0) Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 16 (+3)
Arcana +5*, Diplomacy +5, Heal +8*, History +5*, Insight +5, Religion +5*
* Trained Skill
Gear Chain mail, mace, crossbow with 20 bolts, adventurer's kits, holy symbol of the Silver Flame, 10gp.[/sblock]

Running any games (on Enworld or elsewhere)
: stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. I'm also a Living Eberron Judge.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Kinem, sg, you're good to go. We should start in a day or so.

WD I need to you fill out some of the fields in the application form (the one about Douven ir'Staul at least). Then you're in.

Walking Dad

First Post
I have edited my post. If you need any extra information, just ask, please.

[sblock=Statblock]

Code:
Race: Half-Elf         Class: Warlock (Fey)
Str: 10 +0         Level: 1        XP: -
Con: 16 +3         BAB: +0         HP: 136
Dex: 11 +0         Grapple: +?     Dmg Red: -
Int: 15 +2         Speed: 6       Spell Res: N/A
Wis:  8 -1         Init: +0        Spell Save: N/A
Cha: 18 +4         ACP: ?          Alignment: Unaligned

AC: 15
FORT: 13
REF: 13
WILL: 15

Hit Points: 28
Bloodied: 14

Healing Surges/HP healed: 7
Healing Surges/day: 9

Second Wind:

Attacks: 
Dagger      +3 vs AC         1d4         Range 5/10
E.Blast      +4 vs Reflex     1d10+4             10

Race and Class Features:

Skills:
Passive Insight  16
Passive Perception 9

Acrobatics +0
Athletics +0
Bluff +9
Insight +6
Perception -1
Stealth +0
Streetwise +9
Thievery +5

Languages: Common, Elven, and Goblin

Equipment:

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
@sg that's one pretty statblock

@WD, Take any of the feats you mentioned (thanks for the link saves a lot of time). Just let me know/reflect it on your statblock.

We're starting as soon as I can find a decent copy of the map for the first encounter on the net. I'm going to fudge the start up situation slightly to simplify things.

Graf

Explorer
Game's started. The monsters would, of course win initiative.

@sg
I think you also have Perception +3, and a passive perception and insight of 13 and 15 respectively. (not that I can't figure that out...)

@kinem
I'm using an old copy of Kathra I had lying around for your stats.
There is much debate about the differences between combat superiority for the two fighter pregens. I'm of the opinion that Kathra/Brock represent one kind of fighter and the KotS pregen represents another.
(i.e. that the fighter hasn't been errata'd)
Since Kathra/Brocks combat superiority is vastly superior to the KotS' fighters I think that's fair for now, but if it is errata you'll eventually lose that ability.

@WD
If you take the perception feat then you wouldn't be giving out Combat Advantage the first round, and you'd be going on a 15... but since nobody hit you and your initiative moving from 13 to 15 doesn't matter I'm not worrying about it.

Re: Tokens
I'm using the fiery dragon ones. (Yay FD!)
If you want me to use something else for your character just let me know.

Re: Maps
The only map I could find for this game was pulled out of vassal. Please ignore things like "victory areas".

Re: Rules Mistakes
I may have made mistakes, I'm hardly the expert. Please let me know if you see anything. (Cover is already starting to confuse me... I'm using the unscientific "does that creature/object seem to be in the way" system).

Re:Immediate Actions and interrupts/reactions
Some actions trigger immediate actions. They come in two types interrupts and reactions.

Immediate Interrupts pre-empt the action that trigger it, if someone shifts near Brock he'll get to interrupt their movement (i.e. pre-empt it).
Immediate Reactions go after the action but before the rest of the triggering individuals turn.​
You'll probably see what I mean soon.

Movement, btw, triggers attacks of opportunity. Unless it's shifting. Then it doesn't. Unless they're near Brock, then he gets to hit them even if they're shifting.
(unless that's been errata'd but we're playing like it hasn't because it hasn't been made clear yet and that's a big change).

EvolutionKB

First Post
Character Name: Zaram
Current Nationality: Brelish(Sharn)
Nation of Birth: Argonssen
Race: Dragonborn
Rank (if any) you held during the Last War: (No rank held)
Pregen you're using: Dragonborn Paldin

Background: Dragonborn, a product of the innate magic of dragons are natives to Argonssen. Zaram is a paladin devoted to the Dragon Above. When a group of adventurers with unsavory intentions came to his homeland, Zaram was sent to dispatch them. He performed well enough that his draconic masters sent him to the mainland to investigate the prophecy. Zaram was feared on mainland Khorvaire, more both his monsterous appearance and ability to fight. ir'Staul was one of few people in Sharn that saw beyond Zaram's monsterous appearance. With the disappearance of one of his few friends, Zaram is not hesitant to join with others with similar intentions.

Appearance: Zaram covers his scaled appearance in heavy plate armor. A longsword is sheathed on his hip, and a heavy shield is held on his forearm.

Statblock: See pregen for now: Pally page 1 Pally page 2

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Graf said:
@sg
I think you also have Perception +3, and a passive perception and insight of 13 and 15 respectively. (not that I can't figure that out...)
Perception is listed near the top (second line), though not the passives.

Graf

Explorer
@sg
Cool.

@EvKB
I'm really not sure how Dragonborn are going to fit into the setting. If it's OK for now how do you feel about the following:
You're a Blackscaled lizardman from Q'barra. The Blackscales are renowned throughout Khorvaire for their savagery and power; rarely seen they dwell deep within the swamps in the eastern continent. When you originally came to Sharn a happenstance encounter between you, ir'Staul and a crazed cultist on a bridge turned into a fast friendship. With his assistance you started off a short career as a mercenary. You were protecting his older daughter during an excavation in the Talenta Plains when he disappeared. You knew Torn, who had a relationship with his younger daughter, vaguely.

(what, if anything, you thought about Torn is up to you and WD to work out. You probably know he's a bit of a rake.)

[sblock=For EvKB]You aren't really a Blackscaled lizard man; of course. You're dragonborn from Argonnessen who was sent by the Chamber, a group of important wyrms who monitor the lesser races, to Khorvaire.
You were specifically instructed to make contact with ir'Staul and prevent his assassination by the cultist. You found him warm and generous, and quickly were able to establish a relationship. You understand that your masters are, or were, interested in him, but don't know why.
They were fairly specific that you're suppose to pretend you're a Blackscale, which is honestly, fairly absurd. You've never even been to Q'barra. However your "handler" was very specific.

Your handler is, you are sure, a wyrm of some age and a master shapechanger. He appears most frequently to you as a outrageously dressed gnome who calls himself Rowdy (though he showed up once in your cheap motel room as a very attractive female dragonborn in what was probably the most awkward five minutes of your entire life). He seems to love attention, gambling, playing games and acting mysterious and inscrutable.
Other than giving your your first instructions to protect ir'Staul he's given you no clear instructions, preferring, when he speaks at all about your mission (as opposed to having you accompany him as a bodyguard around town), to hint portentously and make ominous and contradictory statements.
You're sometimes doubt whether the "lizard man" charade is really necessary but Rowdy asserts that it is "of the utmost importance!" and "essential to the successful unfolding of several minor, but key, branches of the prophesy".

The problem with working for a dragon, this dragon in particular, is that even if they're telling a little joke the punchline may come a hundred years after you're dead.

Your recent mission to Talenta was an attempt to develop a stronger relationship with ir'Staul, possibly demonstrate your worth and become his semi-permanent bodyguard. However upon your return you discovered he'd gone missing.

"Rowdy" with great seriousness has asserted that "you simply must find out what happened to him!".
[/sblock]

Let me know what you think!

And I'll put you in the fight now too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases