[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

Graf

Explorer
Afterward I realized it was overkill. You dropped him without even considering the damage from the other curse.

No there won't be anymore encounters tonight -- unless you all do something very unexpected. (normally I wouldn't say that but its BnP)
I can't do maps over the weekend so I thought it would be best to just finish things off and get to town.

Again though that's the last time I plan on unilaterally spending aps/going for people (at least unless we wind up with someone having disappearing player syndrome)

Graf

Explorer
also there are rules for line of sight/line of effect/cover/concealment/bull rush/grab etc. Scattered about in sidebars.
If nobody puts them up online I'll sumerize when I have a chance.

Graf

Explorer
Sorry for the delay, son's sick, staying at home with him. Thought I might have time to dig out the old battlemaps and take some digital pics but that:s looking unlikely.

Graf

Explorer
Next encounter is up. These kobolds are much more disciplined.
Iridian is in very bad way.

Last time I completely missed the fact that the kobold dragonshields can "mark" people.
This is a standard power that means you have -2 to attack anyone but the person who marked you (similar to the powers of the pally and fighter, but without the extra bennies that paladins and fighters get when they mark someone).edit: The little "red dot" on the right hand corner of the picture means your marked.
Hopefully Maptools will get an update at some point that gives more options so I can more effectively denote marked, bloodied and so forth.

Will post LoS/Line of Effect, cover and concealment rules in a bit.Work stuff's come up, probably a week or so before I can post this stuff. Will work to keep the game flowing though.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
I would assume that only movement during fights conceals you. Otherwise you'd be constantly concealed when walking, no? That would be profoundly weird. Like, you go across the room to get a beer and turn semi-invisible? (or blurry?)
At the very least people around you would constantly be freaking out. Even in Eberron, which has a fairly large tolerance for weird, that'd be pretty strange.

Looking at the pregens from DDXP and KotS I'm thinking that they pulled the classes and races that are more complex (Warlocks, Eladrin) precisely because answering these sorts of questions takes page count they didn't have.

If it helps, you can think of it as the Laughing Man having interest only in helping you when you can help him fulfill his goals (the blood of the evil, spilled in combat).

Actually, speaking of this, can you and kinem put up your sheets in the rogues gallery? It's easier to look up things when they're all in one place.
(PLUS, you know, I'm using some sheets that I downloaded months ago... I don't even know if we have the same stats down or not...)

Walking Dad

First Post
Fine. But I think moving through enemy territory concealed (as a Striker) not weirder, than a ranger or rogue (the other strikers) using the stealth skill to do nearly the same.

I didn't see the gallery before.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Evo, thanks for the lay on hands, Iridian is best served getting the heck out of there before the kobolds act again. He'll use an action point to use his second wind. Tried to stick within 5 of Adain too and position myself where they wouldnt be able to follow on the rocks. Shifting is fun cause he doesnt take any movement penalties or attacks of opportunity.

Question, his fox's cunning immediate reaction wouldn't have worked in the surprise round right? otherwise he might've been able to get out of there earlier.

Graf

Explorer
I did consider it but when surprised you can only take free actions (I.e. No immediate actions).
Obviously I could have choosen to do things differently but the module is fairly specific.
Healing word should help people who are down (if it comes to that don't have the map right now).

Graf

Explorer
We're at intitative 22 (KS). I'm waiting to see if Erekose wants to do foxes cunning before the rest of kobold's go.
The most recent post includes a bit of discussion about how the boulders work. Bear in mind that it normally takes 4 squares of movement to get up there, but they're only 5 feet high.

I think that the only place he can shift to (using foxes cunning) is going to be jumping off the boulders.

After Erekose makes his decision we should be good to go for the rest of the round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases