[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

Graf

Explorer
Combat stats in posts

I know some other threads do this, but if possible I'd like a mini stat block.

Honestly just because it will keep me from forgetting things (like the fact that Iridian having spent a second wind raises his defenses this round -- which I did forget, though it didn't actually matter).
Her's a sample from a post I made in an old (and aborted) 4e game.

It's kind of irritating to set-up, but once you've done it once you can just copy and paste. And, less confusion -> less irritation later.

Graf said:
Skarra Ironshield - hp 21+8/33 - AC 19+2 - Fort 16+2 - Refl 13+2 - Will 12+2

Skarra grinds her teeth when struck suppressing a yell.
Bones o' stone, dwarves don't groan.

Nursery rhymes floating through her head she pivots on her toes bringing her axe in a wide arc making a passing attack through the Armarantan's target and on to the other bandit.
[sblock=Action]
Minor action: (Dwarven Resilience -> Second wind -> healing surge) +8 hp
Standard action: Passing Attack on Armarantan's target (assuming he's still up) with the second attack on any other nearby bandit.

Combat Challenge if hit and target is still up: Marking the target with a loud "YOU!" (in common) and a banging her axe against her shield in a "Bring it!" gesture.

Movement: If the bandit to her "north" (directly above her) goes down she'll shift (or use the passing attack's shift) to move (diagonally SE?straight down) so that she's still adjacent to two other bandits.
Otherwise no movement.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Stats]Action Points: 1

Healing Surges: 1312 (8 hp)

Encounter/Daily Powers Used/Available:

Second Wind (1/Encounter)
Passing Attack (1/Encounter)
Brutal Attack (1/Day)
[/sblock]

edit: you don't -have- to do it my way, of course. This is just a sample.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I like the mini stat sheet and more organized combat orders post as these characters have a lot more going on each round than I'm used to with 3.5e.

Graf

Explorer
Zaram and Brock can (should?) still keep their current attacks vs the KS since they've rolled it, I suppose.
(I didn't actually look at what you were doing before I did the kobold actions, for some reason I assumed you were attacking the Dragonshields...)

So I said "rethink your action" in the IC post but you don't really need to (the KS hasn't gone anywhere).

No point in using Passing Strike though, since you can't really get to anywhere where you'd be able to Passing Strike past the KS to somebody else.

Walking Dad

First Post
Will add stats to my post later.

Regarding the "Riardon" shift.

The race is eladrin, not elf. An Elf gains the ignore terrain bonus, eladrin not.

Graf

Explorer
ok. So he's still stuck where he is then.

I'll finish off the round when I get back in front of the right computer (~12 hours) from now. If you want to update/modify your actions you have until then. Otherwise have a good day!

Graf

Explorer
he can shift off the rocks
but not onto the rocks (or any other square that is difficult terrain)
wd is right i'd swaped the two races in my head
the original no post was right

Graf

Explorer
Ding dong the KS is dead.
I know I said that I'd only accept posts prior to mine, but EvKB's was so close that it seemed cruel not to allow it.

Just so that we're clear: Iridian can shift 1 square as a move action. [Map] However the Dragonshield's can (and will) follow him that one square with Dragonshield tactics.
This is an immediate action (reaction) that happens after his move action but before Iridian can move again.

The KDs (and all characters) can only take one immediate action each round. So if he spends a standard he can shift again to move one more square (X8 or wherever) but....
1. he's only got a minor left, and nothing to do with it
2. he's only one square away from the KDs

He can also just take an AoO from each KD and run away (move or double move or move/run (14 squares) or run/run(16 squares -- KD AoOs are at +2)).
Mathematically speaking, a hit is likely.

I encourage kibbitzing... if anyone can think of something better then please suggest it.
edit: He spent his action point last round. So that's not an option.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry for the confusion.

Next time I say scorching burst ones, Eldritch blast twice and roll on IC for eldritch blast, please use eldritch blast ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases