Core Rulebook Questions

Hambot

First Post
Anything else about a wizard's spellbook. Is it just for being able to choose between alternate powers in the morning, or is there something else that it is used for too?

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Alchemy/overall item creation. Don't just say "Buy our next book!" because that just makes me want to pirate the damn thing.

Skills. More and more and more skills info. If we're gonna play 4e, I need to know what to start house ruling :D

Byronic

First Post
I'll put in another vote for Warlock stuff and rituals. I suppose magic item creation falls under rituals... but really that's probably add Residuum, mix in gold and roll the D20.

Lignisse

First Post
FitzTheRuke said:
It's also LISTED in KotS on page 65.
-snip-
Fitz
Ah, cool, thank you for the info. I misread the FAQ at Wizards' site as saying the rule would be found in the PHB. Picking up KotS tomorrow!

Ydars

Explorer
Personally, I am happy with the crunch that has been revealed so far but want to know more fluffy stuff from the DMG becuase I hope WoTC have learned from the fact that the 3.5 DMG was actually a very poor resource;

specifically; what is the PoL area/town like that has been stated as in the DMG? I want to see how WoTC envisage this concept in play. They said that they had included a section not unlike Salt Marsh from DMG II and stuck it in the 4E DMG. Are there any adventure sites associated with this town?

I would also like to know how explicitly they reveal the maths behind the system in the DMG; i.e. do they reveal enough that we can really mod the system to completely eliminate stuff we don't like. If they do, then this makes the game much more customisable and I am really hoping this section is big.

I am also interested to see what they produce in terms of actual DMing advice. I love this kind of stuff and feel you can always learn something new from this.

I would also like to know more about the default setting that includes Nerath, Bael Turath and other places.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases