Core Rulebook Questions

Ravingdork

Explorer
The 4E definitions behind the new five alignments as well as any sidebar info on why alignments changed.

It would help to quell or fuel the alignment threads all over this place--either result would make for a good show. :D

hargert

First Post
Yes more on wizards and spellbooks. How much can you pick up and switch on a per day basis? Also Warlocks do they still get to fly? Basicly more PHB stuff, MM and DMG are more for down the road.

Ginnel

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
+2 Int and Cha? Thanks Logan.
thats one theory he could well be messing with your mind again, like his best race comment ;)
I'd say Dex and Int (maybe wis) I'm thinking most races will have the physical and mental stat adjustment though I could well be wrong, races with less impressive racial powers may get the two physical stats but who knows ;)

MindWanderer

First Post
I don't think he's messing. I had it from one of the WotC folks at DDXP that gnomes would be a natural choice for warlocks. Though it's an odd contrast that gnomes and tieflings are good at the same stuff.

fba827

Adventurer
I know it isn't feasible for a fan-based sneak preview since it would be too much, but I really want to see the table of contents (or at least list of topics) for the DMG.

All the rest of the info I'll see when I get my PHB. But the contents of the DMG would strongly affect whether or not I add that to my pre-order.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)

djdaidouji

First Post
Satyr have long been in my setting as a playable race in a different system, so I'm hoping 4e has rules for them as players as well, though I know the leaked list doesn't mention them. Hopefully they aren't too difficult to make a race of, even if I need to house rule a level adjustment.

WotC_Logan said:
Isn't a race as smart and charming as the gnome worth the wait?

Very interesting! :)

I was sort of expecting a CON bonus, but as long as Gnomes are finally getting their INT bonus back, I'm a happy camper. Naturally those stats point to an affinity to the Arcane classes (Wizard and Warlock), but coupled with their natural talents, will also make pretty effective Artful Dodger Rogues. They'll also be a solid choice for Warlords. Good news for the Numb3rs inspired tactical warlord Numerologist character I'm interested in playing. :cool:

Stormtalon

First Post
Browsed the PHB at the Source this evening. Specifically looked at rituals (among other things). Tenser's Floating Disc -- ritual. Scales with level as far as how much it can carry, lasts 24 hours. Phantom Steed -- ritual. 8 horses, lasts 24 hours or until horse takes damage. Enchant Magic Item -- does what one would expect BUT also can be used (at no component cost) to resize magic armor. A good many of the scrying/portal type stuff are all rituals, and all take a minimum of 10 min to cast -- some like enchant take an hour.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases