Core Rulebook Questions

Stormtalon

First Post
Warbringer said:
and you get them how?.....

They have a single set of prerelease books, kept behind the counter. Must browse them AT the counter, but for as long as ya want. I skimmed the DMG and MM, but the PHB is what really drew me in.

MindWanderer

First Post
Stormtalon said:
They have a single set of prerelease books, kept behind the counter. Must browse them AT the counter, but for as long as ya want. I skimmed the DMG and MM, but the PHB is what really drew me in.
Then please, please, please go back and take a copy of this thread with you!

Oh, and please read the alignment section and resolve the 5-Alignment debate....

baberg

First Post
MindWanderer said:
Is it bad that I initially read that as

"Then please, please, please go back and take a copy machine with you!"

Stormtalon

First Post
Ah! A random thing I spotted and just remembered; in the Epic Tier, there's a Weapon Mastery feat for each major weapon group. They change a crit to 19-20.

*edit* And one last thing before I hit the sack -- this one goes out to all the Power Name critics: Dragon Tail Strike *is* in the PHB. It's a Rogue power.

Stormtalon

First Post
MindWanderer said:

Oh, and please read the alignment section and resolve the 5-Alignment debate....

Hehehe, I'll try to get back there, soon. Just won't be tonite; catching the Death Note movie. :cool:

Stormtalon

First Post
Byronic said:
I hope you realize that a lot of people seem to be interested in the Warlock as well :p

Warlock tidbit: Fey pact powers are based on Charisma. Infernal pact powers are based on Constitution. Star pact appears to be based on a bit of both.

Additionally, Star pact stuff seems to primarily do either Radiant or Cold damage. It does have a very Lovecraftian feel to it, but not much of a Far Realms feel, if that makes any sense. A lot of the Star powers have descriptions of shafts of light shining down from distant stars onto the target and doing Bad Things(tm).

Byronic

First Post
Stormtalon said:
Warlock tidbit: Fey pact powers are based on Charisma. Infernal pact powers are based on Constitution. Star pact appears to be based on a bit of both.

Additionally, Star pact stuff seems to primarily do either Radiant or Cold damage. It does have a very Lovecraftian feel to it, but not much of a Far Realms feel, if that makes any sense. A lot of the Star powers have descriptions of shafts of light shining down from distant stars onto the target and doing Bad Things(tm).

Wow... somehow that strikes me as very very odd. For a moment I thought you were pulling my leg. Thanks for the tidbit though. Interesting.

Stormtalon

First Post
Yeah, the cold damage struck me as a bit weird, too, and the radiant as well (note that I only saw the radiant in a single first level at-will warlock power, but didn't do a thorough search either), but if you think in a Lovecraftian sort of way, it makes an odd sense. He had a lot of "cold light of an impossibly distant star" and other such things going on in his writing.

That being said, there's also a Star pact power that has dark tentacles reaching down from *somewhere* and attacking an area, so there's a dash of Far Realm going on there. I think. It's still not the whole "twisted aberrant dimension of viscous reality" schtick that the Far Realm has.

pweent

Explorer
Stormtalon said:

This is good to know. That's one of the points I'm interested in: what attributes the classes are keyed to. We know that Rogues are Dex primary, with options for either Cha (Artful Dodger) or Str (Brutal Scoundrel) as secondary. Warlords are Str primary, with options for Int (Tactical Presence) or Cha (Inspiring Presence) as secondary.

I'd love to know what the other classes have as secondary attribute options. You know, if you were taking requests....

I'm guessing Rangers are Dex primary, with options for Str (Two-Weapon Fighting) or Wis (Archery) secondary, but I would not be at all surprised to find I've got that wrong.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases