Core Rulebook Questions

Byronic

First Post
Stormtalon said:
Yeah, the cold damage struck me as a bit weird, too, and the radiant as well (note that I only saw the radiant in a single first level at-will warlock power, but didn't do a thorough search either), but if you think in a Lovecraftian sort of way, it makes an odd sense. He had a lot of "cold light of an impossibly distant star" and other such things going on in his writing.

That being said, there's also a Star pact power that has dark tentacles reaching down from *somewhere* and attacking an area, so there's a dash of Far Realm going on there. I think. It's still not the whole "twisted aberrant dimension of viscous reality" schtick that the Far Realm has.

Actually I was thinking more about the Star Pact requiring both Charisma and Constitution, but somehow the Star Pact seems perfect for a character just spawning in my head. I shall pour every last bit of Nihilism that I have in her to create her. I can almost picture her in my head right now.

I have studied the emptiness of creation and have stumbled upon the ultimate and final truth. The Gods hate you *Eldritch Blast*

Stormtalon

First Post
Well, the explanation as I recall it (I was skimming as fast as possible in 30 min as I had to get home by a set time) was that Fey needs Cha to impress the spirits, Infernal needs Con to endure the suffering those granting power might inflict, and Star needs both for the mental and physical fortitude to withstand the alienness of the beings you deal with. I think that's how it went. I'll check next time I'm at that shop.

_sheepy_

First Post
Looks like I'm late... :(

Anyway, I'd like to know:

:1: How spellbook works
:2: How arcane implements interacts with wizard/warlock powers
:3: Some martial powers has variable effects depending on weapon used. Any examples?
:4: Specific rules on what happens if I pick a heroic class instead of a paragon paths
:5: How do you select languages - I heard bonus for Int 15+ but just look at H1 PCs...
:6: Personally I'd also like to have a general idea of shadow pact powers for my current campaign.

I lives in Hong Kong. I pre-ordered but won't get the books on time. So I will be counting on this forum for a while,

because...

I need the rules for this character generator prototype... :cool: (and, no, this is real. I have ps skills but I am much better at coding...)

Attachments

• chargen.gif
    chargen.gif
    123 KB · Views: 126

jaldaen

First Post
As mentioned in the "Tidbits" thread I'd like to know how the ranger's at-will two-weapon fighting power works... I'm trying to balance a martial controller and would like to have that data point to work off of. Thanks ;)

splotch

First Post
half-elf question

I'm sure someone has asked and maybe even answered this already, but despite extensive searching I can't find the answer. The player handbook lite still lists two possibilities for half-elf ability bonuses +2 cha and con or +2 cha and any. Has anyone who has seen the players handbook confirmed which of these is correct? In addition are there any other half-elf racial features besides the at-will-as-encounter power from another class, the group diplomacy bonus and the mixed heritage we should know about? For instance, do half-elves get a class feature from another class along with the power?

MindWanderer

First Post
Stormtalon said:
Warlock tidbit: Fey pact powers are based on Charisma. Infernal pact powers are based on Constitution. Star pact appears to be based on a bit of both.

Additionally, Star pact stuff seems to primarily do either Radiant or Cold damage. It does have a very Lovecraftian feel to it, but not much of a Far Realms feel, if that makes any sense. A lot of the Star powers have descriptions of shafts of light shining down from distant stars onto the target and doing Bad Things(tm).
Iiiinteresting. So dwarves will make good Infernal Pact warlocks (!), halflings and tieflings will make good Fey Pact warlocks, and half-elves and dragonborn will make good warlocks of any type (dragonborn because racial features are keyed off of Con).

Strange that tieflings will be less optimal for Infernal Pact, strictly by the numbers.

Does that mean that Eldritch Blast keys off of either Con or Cha?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases