W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Wik

First Post
This is an adventure for Jerrand Redband, Tor, Semabin, and Jamilee. It was begun on May 20, 2008.

INTRODUCTION:

As I said in the announcement, this is going to be a short adventure, guys, and it's linked thematically to the events in my current Tomas Quinn adventure. It will be a site-based adventure, for the most part, though you can tackle it how you see fit. In other words, you go from point a to point b, but how you do that is up to you.

I don't pull punches as a GM, and it is possible that a PC could die from poor play. Unlikely, but possible. So, yeah, you've all been warned. :)

Expect an update from me about twice a week or so. Sometimes, I get on posting runs where I update every day, but usually, between work, occasional school, and trying to keep my significant other from realizing she could do better than me, LEW can sometimes be neglected. That said, I usually have tuesdays and wednesdays off, and I always post at least once on those days.

As usual, I will be using Invisible Castle for all my rolling, and I expect you to do so as well. I actually do check on posted rolls about half the time, and I get upset if I catch cheaters. Not that I expect anyone to do that; ENWorld folk are usually honest that way.

If you have any problems with the game, rulings, or whatever else, either post them here, or e-mail me at wik666 at hotmail dot com.

All maps posted were made using Dundjinni. I'm still learning the program, so I'm sorry if they're not as pretty as they should be.

Alright, that being said, let's get gaming! I hope you all have fun.

You quickly head out of the Red Dragon Inn, following the trail of the young man. He dashes quickly through alleyways, and has to stop several times to let the dwarf, Gildrim, catch up. Finally, after the third such stop, the dwarf shrugs his shoulders and motions you on. His dwarven legs are doing little more than slowing the rest of you down.

Once you leave him behind, you make much better time, dashing through the little-used backalleys of Orussus. The summer rain is coming down so hard that you can barely see thirty feet ahead of you, and presses down on your shoulders like a weight. Every so often, a bolt of lightning strikes the Orussian Bay, and illuminates the flooded cobblestones and granite buildings for only a brief moment, before plunging back into a watersoaked midnight.

"We're almost there!" the boy screams, to be heard over the screeching gale winds that howl through the tight alleys like wailing banshees.

At one point, Jamilee notices the body of a city guardsman lying propped against one wall, three short arrows sticking out of his neck. The young warrior stares at Jamilee blankly, obviously dead. Knowing there's nothing he can do for the man, Jamilee plunges on.

You emerge upon an open neighbourhood square, built around a decaying stone fountain that is entirely flooded by the torrents of rainwater. An abandoned wagon, tethered to a single dead ox, is perhaps ten feet from the fountain. A man, using a cudgel as a weapon, tries to keep at bay three squat humanoids wearing spiked leather armour. They have vicious short swords and shields, and yap and snarl at him, baring their sharpened canine teeth evilly. Their red eyes glow like those of a cat's in the dark, and their greenish faces are cracked like old leather.

The man is holding his cudgel in one hand, swinging it wildly to keep the brutes away. His other hand is pressed to his side, a short arrow shaft protruding from his chest. Jamilee instantly recognizes the arrow as being similar to one that he saw in the body of the guardsman, only a moment earlier.

You all see then, nearby, a fourth humanoid mounted upon an oversized wolf. This humanoid has a cruel hunting bow, and is already nocking another arrow.

The young man with you screams out "FATHER!", which draws the attention of the goblin archer. He turns to you, as does the worg he is mounted upon. Both have the same feral red eyes. He grins evilly, and the worg howls.

This is going to be a long night.

OOC: Initiative rolls, my friends, and actions for your first round. The three goblins act on initiative count 8, and the mounted goblin on count 15. There will be a map up shortly.

Also, if you want to change your spells memorized, now is the chance to do so.

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Still no approved yet

Initiative= 18 link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1601609/

Jerrand seeing the boys father outnumbered and wounded wastes no time going to his aid.
He quickly raises his shield and mace and barrels towards the nearest creature. "Red-eyed vermin, by the Stone you will not kill anyone this night!", he screams to get the creatures attention.

OOC: Double move action to put me diagonal from closest goblin. Movement 20'
Very cool map where do i get me one?

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Jerrand can't run - the barrels mostly block his straight movement. He could do a double move to get as close to the fight as possible (1 square to the north, and then two to the west of the third goblin), by diagonally moving past the barrels.

On a side note, the rain is coming down very hard, limiting visibility. The torrential rains automatically kill lantern light, and reduce spot, listen, and search checks by -4. Also, all ranged attacks are at -4. Any ranged attack against a foe more than 10 feet away grants the target 20% concealment.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
ooc: wrote all that before the map was up was actually looking up total defense but edit it before your reply let me know if that s ok

ooc: want moves posted like this? moves two squares west , one square northwwwest, four squares west, one square southwest?? thats where i'll be :)

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, movement posted like that would be perfect. And, yeah, you can get there, no problem. As for the map... it's dundjinni. I spent 30 bucks or so getting it, because my PbP maps always SUCK. They look kind of decent using the program... and I'm finding other uses for it, now (it has an adventure editor that is really neat).

Wik

First Post
Gobletchica said:
Initiative: 1d20+4=12 Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1601744/
OOC: Ouch! That roll hurt.
IC: Tor's going to try to take out the Orc archer with her shortbow. All else fails, Tor knows Orcish, she can understand what their saying.
Attack:1d4+0 → [3,0] = (3)
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1601753/

Except they're goblins. No orcs present. :)

Tor rolls 1d20+6 with her shortbow. You accidentally rolled damage. Don't worry, if you hit, I'll let you keep the roll. But, remember that the rain makes shooting difficult - you may just miss.

Do you want to move forward before you shoot? Tor could move to the west four squares, putting her at the edge of the courtyard. It would also make her shot easier, since if she doesn't, the goblin has cover from the attack.

Wik

First Post
Oh, and thanks for judging, Manz. I'll e-mail you the doc right now - which one is your e-mail addy? I forget.

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee takes only a split second to take in the situation, and decide that despite the rain, the warg-riding goblin archer might actually be the bigger threat. Drawing her cutlass, she closes and points at the warg, uttering the harsh syllables of a Cause Fear spell.

Her raven's up in the air, slightly above rooftop level - circling while keeping an eye on surroundings, and trying not to draw attention to itself or get flushed right out of he sky with this torrential rain.

((Ooh, initiative 24. Let's hope the die luck holds. Jamilee moves three squares west, two northwest, and casts Cause Fear on the worg; the save DC is a modest 14, and she passes her arcane spell failure check.

Spell memorization:
Lvl. 0 (3 +1 Nec): Light, Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Touch of Fatigue
Lvl. 1 (1 +1 Int, +1 Nec): Shield, Protection from Evil, Cause Fear))

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases