4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

Graf

Explorer
Updated to add Zaram, who was a bit further back and thus missed the initial action.
[sblock=OOC]I will try desperately to keep my post lengths under control for this game.

We're starting in media res I'll fill in more of the back story in future posts.[/sblock]

Among the bustle of metropolises like Sharn it's easy to forget just how uninhabited most of Khorvaire is. The Orien trade road to the small town that is your destination is well kept, but after almost four days of walking without seeing another soul you're reminded that no matter where men draw lines on maps most of the continent is a vast untamed wilderness.

As the road takes a bend you see fresh footprints made by small clawed feet. A band of small rust-colored reptilian creatures boils out from either side of the road with a chorus of high pitched shrieks and charges you. One particularly enthusiastic one charges Adain, seeing him an easy target, but Brock cuts it down with a practiced chop of his warhammer.

That one blow brings the front rank reptilian charge up short as nervous chattering starts up among the would be-ambushers.
Snarling a pair of tough looking Kobolds push through their ranks and advance on the party.
The "front" rank hang back and throw javelins ineffectually.

The tough-looking Kobolds, each carrying a shield made from a single dragon scale, prove more effective, slashing Brock with quick blows.

Brock narrowly ducks as a clay pot almost hits his face, shattering at Torn's feat to disgorge some sort of caustic flaming goo. In the back rank a kobold hisses and begins reload its sling.

[sblock=Combat]
Brocks attack was an AoO triggered by it moving past him to attack Adain (I think you get get those even when you have combat advantage from not having gone yet?)

Fight 1|Round 1 Initiative:
20 Kobolds - throw javelins -- the rolls on Brock and Adain should have been at +2 since they had combat advantage; (torn too but Brock gives him cover)
19 Kobold Dragonshields -- Hit Brock for 9 damage
19 Kobold Slinger -- Missed Brock with it's firepot by 1. AC 18
14 Zaram Init roll.
13 Torn
02 Brock hp 24/33
01 Adain
[/sblock]

[sblock=Thanks to Fiery Dragon]For providing awesome counters that happen to work very well with this adventure.[/sblock]

Attachments

• KotS_Round1b.JPG
    KotS_Round1b.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 1,482
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Adain scowls at the vermin, and holding forth his symbol high, calls forth the Flame to punish the interlopers!

OOC: Lance of Faith at nearest kobold. Ref 22, 4hp and Brock gains a +2 vs. that creature for the next attack.

Graf

Explorer
OOC updated map to current positions (as of init count) 14 (after Tyron but before Zaram -- Sorry I kept getting Tyron's name wrong.)

Attachments

• F1R1Init14.jpg
    F1R1Init14.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,487

EvolutionKB

First Post
Zaram

Zaram moves next to Brock, right in front of the red scaled creatures. He swings his blade in a arc, the prescence of the other creature making the strike more desperate. Then, he raises the visor of his helmet with a loud clang, and a blast of fire erupts from his mouth engulfing the four creatures in front of him.

[sblock=occ]If I don't get a chance to update my post later, go ahead and roll for me. Dragon breath on the four kobolds near me(3x3 blast, +4 vs reflex 1d6+1 damage) and Valiant strike against the kobold in front. +9 1d8+4.no dice, 12 to hit, 12 damage Breath weapon attack1: 20 Breath weapon attacks against kobold 2, 3, and 4: 20, 10, 9 breath weapon damage: 4 [/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Brock waits a moment to see what Adain does, knowing that the priest's blessing could be helpful, then attacks the same kobold Adain had, and quickly reverses his motion as his warhammer rebounds off the creature, striking the adjacent kobold.

[sblock=ooc]Brock delays until Adain acts.

passing attack (encounter) (with bonus from Adain) +23 vs AC, 8 damage; if that hits +22 vs. AC, 11 damage vs. 2nd kobold[/sblock]

"Bandits, if you want to live, surrender now!" Brock calls out.

Graf

Explorer
Zaram moves forward to engage the Kobold, but it slips away from him frustrating his attempt to bring his longsword to bear upon it..
[sblock=OOC]explanation of what just happened.
Technically he still has a standard action, but I don't think there's much he can do with it so we'll say he just sits tight.[/sblock]

The Kobold's sneer is cut off by a gout of flame directly in the face (CRIT!); unfortunately the kobolds seem resistant to flame, only one, in second rank falls.

Attachments

• F1R1Init3-1.jpg
    F1R1Init3-1.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 458

Graf

Explorer
Adain's blast of silver fire and Brock's powerful blows take their toll on the Kobold front line.

kinem said:
"Bandits, if you want to live, surrender now!" Brock calls out.

The Kobolds seem to share a worried look, but hold firm.

Round 2​

The Kobolds swarm forward to attack, they strike with surprising precision taking advantage their fellows threatening blades to find openings. One crawls through the underbrush to get at Adain.

[sblock=Combat]
Brocks attack was an AoO triggered by it moving past him to attack Adain (I think you get get those even when you have combat advantage from not having gone yet?)

Fight 1|Round 1 Initiative:
20 Kobolds - One hit on Brock for 4 damage. The "flanker" misses Adain.
19 Kobold Dragonshields -- KD2 tries to shift to J14 but Brock POUNDS IT and cancels it's attempt to shift. Brock deflects their feeble attacks, Zaram's mark burns the cowardly KD1 with divine power for refusing his challenge.
After that Kobolds adjacent to Brock don't shift anymore.
19 Kobold Slinger -- Launches Gluepot at Zaram. MISS
15 Iridian Init
15 Tyron
14 Zaram Init roll.
01 Adain
00 [delayed to go after Adain last round] Brock hp 20/33

KD1 is bloodied and Marked by Zaram.
KD2 is bloodied and Marked by Brock.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• F1R2Init18b.jpg
    F1R2Init18b.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Iridian moves quickly forward and steps back behind Adain after firing at the nearest Kobold.

[sblock=ooc]Move straight forward 6. Nimble Strike :ranged: +6vs.AC 1d10+4dmg to Kobold4. Then step diagonal 1 square behind Adain.

As far as I can tell as long as the target does not have cover from my ally I can fire into melee without penalty. Is that correct?

Are you wanting us to roll? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases