Central Casting Application

Wonko the Sane

First Post
I have the Central Casting - Heroes of Legend book, and am presently trying to port it to an Excel sheet to automate the background generation process. As I was recuperating from smashing my head into the keyboard trying to clear up yet another circular reference, it occurred to me that someone may have already done this sort of thing.

Does anyone know of a program/spreadsheet/database/etc. that is like this?

Thanks,
WtS

Ayrk

First Post
Wonko the Sane said:
I have the Central Casting - Heroes of Legend book, and am presently trying to port it to an Excel sheet to automate the background generation process. As I was recuperating from smashing my head into the keyboard trying to clear up yet another circular reference, it occurred to me that someone may have already done this sort of thing.

Thanks,
WtS

I wrote a VB app to do that years ago (for personal use). Imagine typing in the entire book from scratch. Ugh. It was ugly, but it worked.

I've thought about building the same thing for Second Rat's Background Noise (which I wrote part of) in Excel since you can just copy and paste from the PDF into Excel.

Wonko the Sane said:

Thanks,
WtS
I OCR'd the whole thing into a Word file for my own use. Will that do?

Wonko the Sane

First Post
It would save some work, but it's not the data entry that's giving me fits - it's the automation.

(If Ayrk would be so kind as to reply to the email I sent him, that would be super :) )

WtS

Wonko the Sane

First Post
I'm more fluent in Excel, so it seemed like the logical choice for me.

As the circular references, etc. started to pile up, I thought "I wonder if TableSmith would do a better job? Hmm...too bad I don't have a clue about it."

Now that Ayrk has sent his (hopefully) wonderful but ugly app, I don't think there'll be a need.

Next time I get one of my "bright ideas", I think I'll be learning me some TableSmith :)

Thanks everyone who replied :)
WtS

Genghis_K

First Post
Also Interested in this file

Hi Guys, I'm just getting back to gaming and I love my central castings book. However I realize there are faster ways to do things now. Can I get a copy of the file discussed by Aryk? I'd sure like to use it for the character I am generating? Thanks

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases