Re-recruitment CLOSED for Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Rhun

First Post
Re-recruitment for Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Re-recruitment is now closed.

[sblock]
This thread is a recruitment thread to replace two missing player's in my Greyhawk Alpha Game. The group is currently in the middle of exploring the (original) Temple of Elemental Evil, having defeated their enemies in the Moathouse some time ago. This game has been running for about two years, and my plans are to continue running it as long as anyone is interested in playing it.

Now, there are two options here for interested parties: Option 1) Take over running one of the two PCs that I am currently NPCing, or Option 2) submit your own character concept...

Option 1: The two PCs currently being NPCed are Ragnok Drakeforge, dwarven Fighter 4 and Coraine Vagrius, human paladin 4. If someone wanted to take over one of these PCs, they could get into the adventure immediately, and I would allow them to redesign the basics of the PC to their liking (ability scores, feats, possibly even class selection). This is my preferred option, as it doesn't require any additional work on my part to get the new players into the game. The links to these two PCs can be found here for Ragnok and here for Coraine.

Option 2: Submit your own character concept to replace Coraine and Ragnok. Now, if nobody is willing to take over these two PCs, I am pretty open to replacing them with almost any concepts, though we will need at least one front-line fighter type. Level 4 characters using 37-point buy, standard wealth, and average hit points rounded up (full at first level, then d4=3, d6=4, d8=5, d10=6, d12=7). Books Allowed: Core (PHB, DMG, and SRD), Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords, Expanded Psionic's Handbook, and PHB2. I'm fairly open to sources outside of these, as long as the information for the PC can be supplied to me for reveiw.

So, with those options laid out, please post up if you are interested. As noted, if you are interested in Option 1, you will be able to start play in the game immediately. If we have to go with Option 2 players, it will probably be a couple of weeks before we are at a point to actually add the PCs into the game.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
As one of the existing players, I'll just point out the other characters in the party are:

Verdis Amnell (male human Warlock 4)
Dara (female human Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 3)
Kurt the Purger (male human Cleric 4)
Trevor (human Rogue 2 / Fighter 2)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Are they farther along than us? I suppose so since they're not running around looking for someone to ask where the prisoners are kept.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Hello

I would be interested in taking over the paladin (and I haven't even looked at him yet) I have DMed Return to the temple of elemental evil but have never gotten to play the orginal or even get alook inside it's covers the only one i saw (adventure book) was sold to are local gaming store by a guy getting out of the and i was there and a friend he bought it for 10 bucks right then and there so all i saw was the cover

So if you'd like i will play what is the system??

s@squ@tch

First Post
I am most definitely interested.

The paladin intrigues me. Let me look it over, for I have a hankerin' to play either a paladin or a favored soul...... Then again, would it be possible to rework the existing fighter to be a crusader from ToB?

edit: after looking over the pally, I wouldn't mind taking the character over, with a slight modification -- being to drop the battleaxe and take Heironious' favored weapon of the longsword -- and drop the WF (Battleaxe) for extra smites.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Are they farther along than us? I suppose so since they're not running around looking for someone to ask where the prisoners are kept.

I don't know if I would say further along...your explorations have taken your two groups in different directions.

Rhun

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
The paladin intrigues me. Let me look it over, for I have a hankerin' to play either a paladin or a favored soul...... Then again, would it be possible to rework the existing fighter to be a crusader from ToB?

That is an interesting suggestion...I hadn't really given much thought to Ragnok being a Crusader, but I don't see any reason he couldn't be re-worked for that. I think I could definitely allow that.

Rhun

First Post
Jerrand Redband said:
I would be interested in taking over the paladin (and I haven't even looked at him yet) I have DMed Return to the temple of elemental evil but have never gotten to play the orginal or even get alook inside it's covers the only one i saw (adventure book) was sold to are local gaming store by a guy getting out of the and i was there and a friend he bought it for 10 bucks right then and there so all i saw was the cover

Man, if I could get a new copy of ToEE for $10, I'd snatch it up. Mine is falling into pieces, but I still love.

Have a look at the character when you get a chance, and let me know what you think. As noted, if there are changes you want to make to him, just let me know...

Remove ads