D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

Halivar

First Post
The character sheet I always use for 3.5E is an Excel spreadsheet I downloaded and heavily modified to suit my liking. Since there isn't one for 4E, I decided to write one up because I am soon to have need of it. It is based as closely as possible to the official 4E character sheet.

I don't use Microsoft Office, so I wrote it in OpenOffice.org Calc and exported it to Office XP. I can only guarantee that both versions work in Oo_O. Download it, give it a test-drive, and tell me why you wouldn't want to touch it so I can fix it . ;)

EDIT 2.0: Wow. It's now fully-functional for what I want. I owe a LOT of people for this. If you see bugs, please report them! Thanks.
EDIT 2.01: Forgot some stupid bugs; belorin pointed them out a week ago, and my friend Owen just reminded me. Stupid mistake!
EDIT 2.02: Fixed armor and shields. Info was based on pre-release info and had to update as per PHB. Also added masterwork armors.
EDIT 2.03: Fixed some formatting stuff and a bug related to weapons with parenthesis in Oo_Org.

Halivar's 4th Ed. Character Sheet 2.03 (Excel)
Halivar's 4th Ed. Character Sheet 2.03 (OpenOffice.org Calc)
Halivar's 4th Ed. Character Sheet 2.0 (blank PDF)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Thanks for posting this. Odd, the top bit is coming through as solid black. Is it for you?

I've got a nifty one as well, similar to yours in some places, but there's some stuff I auto-filled in that's covered by a NDA. I'll post it as soon as I can.

Halivar

First Post
You know, it may be that Excel doesn't do the auto-contrast thing I got on mine (must be Oo_O). I'll try explicitly setting all the letters on black to white.

EDIT: It may also be the font: Georgia. It's supposed to be standard on Windows, but I may have been wrong. Is there a graphic I can use (legally) instead?

EDIT: Got a version 1.1 that I think fixes your problem PC. Just a simple image I did up in GIMP.

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
Added a 1.2 revision to get rid of blue backgrounds on input fields; now I protect the whole sheet except for input fields. I think it looks better this way.

I've also verified that the Excel version works... you know... in Excel. :cool:

ZetaStriker

First Post
One problem: the defenses are calculated wrong. It takes the best of Str or Con for Fort, Int or Dex for Ref, and Wis or Cha for Will. It forces just Con, Dex and Wis into those spots.

Belorin

Explorer
I'm getting hashmarks (####) in any skill that has n/a in the ACP column, is this something I can fix? I tried changing it, but it says it's protected. Also the Race Features section header has black font color on a black background. Great sheet otherwise!

Bel

Halivar

First Post
Hey Belorin, sorry about that. Oo_Org doesn't try to add text in math formulas, which I copy n' pasted. I cut out the "n/a" column from the formula to fix it, and changed the "Race Features" title to show up.

I've uploaded 1.4. Thanks!

EDIT: I also took off document protection because I think that's going to be more of a pain that is worth it.

ZetaStriker

First Post
Nice, Halivar, I'm glad to see this coming along. Hopefully it's about final now, but it's already looking to be a top notch tool. Thanks for making and uploading it for us! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases