Shadowfell Keep Map?

Knightlord

First Post
Hello, everyone. I'm going to be running Keep on the Shadowfell tomorrow night and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a printable version of the Keep's interior, or if one even exists. I would scan the map from the book myself, but I won't have access to a scanner in time for the game. My problem is I don't want my players to know where the monsters and secret doors are in the Keep when I show them which room they're in or are going to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Mort_Q

First Post
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20080509a

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/preview_h1_1.jpg

preview_h1_1.jpg

Not exactly the best resolution. Good Luck.

Mort_Q

First Post
Yah, I realized that as soon as I posted... read Keep, and thought ... Keep on the Borderlands! and ... well ... you know.

Knightlord

First Post
Mort_Q said:
Yah, I realized that as soon as I posted... read Keep, and thought ... Keep on the Borderlands! and ... well ... you know.

Lol. It's cool. Everybody makes mistakes, even Hong. :D

(Sorry Hong, could't resist.) ;)

AZRogue

First Post
I don't know of any scans of the interior. I plan on using Dungeon Tiles to make a close approximation of each area and work with that. I figure it doesn't have to be exact, as long as it's close.

Right now I'm spending time on redoing all the NPCs and the village to my taste. And I'm subtracting every evidence of gold in the keep so I can parcel it out as larger hoards later on towards the adventure's end. Oh, and I'm waiting on the books to go over and redo the magic items. :)

Xorn

First Post
I've scanned the maps from the book, and hosted them here.

They are gigantic (11.7 MB zip) at 50 pixels per square (and will print at 50 dpi). I'll leave it to you to print the parts you do an don't want, but you could get them printed out at Kinko's pretty cheap. I will be using the maps in a VTT application (though I'll cut up the map into the pieces I need) so that's why they are 50 pixels per square.

I scanned them in at 200 dpi, did a teensy rotation to get the grid level, set the default print resolution to 50 dpi, then blew the map up 300%. (The original map is 12 squares per inch.)

I don't have the RAM to scan an image at 600 dpi, so this is as good as it gets. :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Xorn

First Post
NOTE - This is just Shadowfell Keep Level 1 & 2. None of the other maps.

EDIT - I "yoinked" the link to the maps, I'm actually thinking I shouldn't post a scan from the book. If someone can explain to me that it's okay to post a scan of the map, I'll put it back.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Xorn said:
I've scanned the maps from the book, and hosted them here.

They are gigantic (11.7 MB zip) at 50 pixels per square (and will print at 50 dpi). I'll leave it to you to print the parts you do an don't want, but you could get them printed out at Kinko's pretty cheap. I will be using the maps in a VTT application (though I'll cut up the map into the pieces I need) so that's why they are 50 pixels per square.

I scanned them in at 200 dpi, did a teensy rotation to get the grid level, set the default print resolution to 50 dpi, then blew the map up 300%. (The original map is 12 squares per inch.)

I don't have the RAM to scan an image at 600 dpi, so this is as good as it gets. :)

Enjoy!

Hey Xorn, that links not working. Can you try it again? I'd like to see those.

On a related note, i had started a thread that covers a similar topic here, with some pics:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=227155&page=1&pp=15

Xorn

First Post
Nebulous said:
Hey Xorn, that links not working. Can you try it again? I'd like to see those.

On a related note, i had started a thread that covers a similar topic here, with some pics:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=227155&page=1&pp=15

See my addenum post--I "yoinked" the link because I don't want to get in trouble for posting full scans of the maps in the book. If someone can tell me if a disclaimer of "this scan is only usable by those who actually own H1 already" would make it okay to post, let me know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases