renau1g's Red Hand of Doom

renau1g

First Post
The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood and the best place for you to start adventuring.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The road crests a small rise and descends int oa dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimps the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors-tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces-are lying in wait!

[sblock=Initiatives: ]
Zazz - 18
Brodi - 14
Virashil - 11
Hurrow - 9
hobgoblins - 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Please roll Initiatives, I'll post a battle map later. Also, when you're posting in combat, please include a mini-stat block in a spoiler box.
P.S. I was trying to upload these pics into group b's thread, but enworld wouldn't let me upload it twice, anyone have any ideas how to get it up there also? Thanks

Also, you all made your spot checks congrats!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Zazz, in the middle of explaining to his companions for the tenth time the advantages of gaining surprise on a foe and striking from cover, is surprised to find himself in the middle of that exact situation. "See?" he says sarcastically to his companions as he draws shortsword and dagger.

Moving quickly, the elf rushes up the ravine side toward the nearest foe, shadows shifting about Zazz as he moves. Approaching the enemy, he gracefully slashes the humanoid with his shortsword.

[sblock=Initiative & Actions]
Initiative: 18
Move to M10 (counting ravine as difficult terrain he should still make it)
Child of Shadows stance (gives Zazz concealment: 20% miss chance for enemies)
Attack +10, damage 1d6+6/19-20 (+1d6 sneak attack if opponent is flat-footed[/sblock]

[sblock=Avaxasir Stats & Maneuvers Readied]
AC 21, HP 46/46, Init +5, Move 40' (boots)
Fort +5, Reflex +11, Will +7

Maneuvers Readied: Death Mark, Mountain Hammer, Shadow Jaunt, Cloak of Deception, Burning Blade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Brodi is slumped halfway over his mount and staring at passing grass as Zazz speaks. He has, as usual, forgotten to smoke his pipe and it's gone out.

See what? He asks.
As the spells and arrows are arc about him he seems to become focused, at least as focused as the halfling can be.

Oh, fighting now, and belatedly begins a spell of his own.

[sblock=Init & Action]Init 14

Cast shield on self and share with mount.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hurrow

Hurrow eyes wide, gives a shout, "Ambush!" He shakes his head, his black braids bouncing about. His perceptions change, the hostile forms becoming more clear, the sound of bowstrings being pulled more distinct. The entire world around becomes more...alive. The flood of sensory information doesn't distract the shifter, if anything his mind is more focused. He raises his hands and intones words as soft as the whispering of the wind and the plantlife around them comes to life, grasping for their enemies. Then, even more quickly, Hurrow changes, arms becoming feathered, feet growing into a pair of clawed talons, and his head the sharp beak of an eagle. The shapeshifted druid, takes flight, flying towards the edge of the path.

[sblock=Actions]Init: 9 Shift(free action) +2 Wis/speak w/animals. Cast entangle at hostiles. Reflex DC 16. Swift: shift into aerial form and Move: Move to D14.(10' up, costing 20' of movement, then over.)

Edit: Looks like I can get all the hostiles, but I will center it further down the path(Q20) to avoid getting the first hostile on each side of us to avoid entangling Zaz. I will do so then move towards the cover on either side of the path.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC(before my turn, FF, normal form): 17
AC(after my turn, aerial form): 15

Entangle: 40' radius 5 min duration. DC 16 reflex, once per round on my turn.
HP: 50/50
Shifting: Round 1/5
F: +7 R: +7(+9 after my turn) W: +10
Spells prepared:

Druid spells per day(including bonus spells for high wisdom): 5/4/4/3
DC: 14+spell level or 15+spell level for conjuration spells. CL: 6

0: Dawn, Light, Create Water, Cure Minor Woundsx2
1: Entangle, CLW, Produce Flame, Enrage Animal
2: Wild Instincts, Decomposition, Kelpstrand, Snake's Swiftness(mass)
3: Sleet Storm, Vigor(mass lesser), Call lightning

AoO: +9, 1d6+7[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Graf] Please put a mini-stat block in your spoiler block. [/sblock]

[sblock=all] Sorry for the map, I don't have a mapping program, if anyone knows one let me know.
V=Virashil
B = Brodi
H = Hurrow
Z = Avaxasir aka Zazz

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil

Virashil snaps back to reality -- she had been daydreaming of a sort -- the long road and featureless countryside had lulled her into a hypnotic state.

"Hobgoblins..."

She quickly spits out a draconic syllable,"Litrix" and a silver mist appears around her, then collapses into her small form.

[sblock=OOC]
Cast Mage Armor on self.

Spells left for the day: 6/7/5
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC 17/17/13, HP 32/32, Init +3, Move 30'
Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +6
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Zazz rushes forward with shadows coalescing about him, blurring his image to the enemy. He enters the forest and launches a quick strike at the surprised hobgoblin before he has a chance to react. Fortunately for the hobgoblin, Zazz's blade gets deflected slightly by the undergrowth, foiling his attack. Smiling smugly at his good fortune the hobgoblin draws a longsword from his hip and proceeds to return the strike, although his blade also gets twisted in the forest.

[sblock=Rhun] Bad roll against concealment
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1606374/
So was his, failed on a critical for max damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1606381/
[/sblock]

Hurrow shouts a word of warning to the others in the group before calling upon the local flora for aid and launching himself, in avian form, into the sky, streaking towards the nearest enemy. The forest responds as the grass grows long and wraps itself around the legs of the enemies, one of the hobgoblin escapes its grasps, but two others are held fast. The two unaffected hobgoblins open fire on the flying form, both arrows sent off their trajectory by the branches.

As the magical energies of the two spellcasters finish, the hobgoblins fire upon the seemingly defenseless sorcerors. The arrows fall short of their intended targets, with one striking the invisible shield hover just in front of Brodi & his mount.

[sblock=all] Round 2 actions please. My rolls so far are pathetic.... lucky for you ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Avaxasir - Round 2 Actions

OOC: So I gather the forest is providing cover, right?

Disappointed by his failure to strike down the hobgoblin warrior in the opening moments of the fight, Zazz twirls his shortsword in hand, causing the blade to ignite in flame. With a sly smile, the elf slashes his weapon at his foe.

[sblock=Initiative & Actions]
Initiative: 18
Burning Blade maneuver
Attack +10, damage 1d6+4/19-20 (includes insightful strike) + 1d6+5 flame damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Avaxasir Stats & Maneuvers Readied]
AC 21, HP 46/46, Init +5, Move 40' (boots)
Fort +5, Reflex +11, Will +7

Maneuvers Readied: Death Mark, Mountain Hammer, Shadow Jaunt, Cloak of Deception, Burning Blade
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil

Virashil chuckles slightly at the folly of the archers.

"Try these on for size you fools."

She gestures with her hands outstretched,"Imek Mirrith", suddenly, she splits into four different images of herself, all shifting and moving amongst each other as she strides imperiously onward down the sluice.

[sblock=OOC]

Advance to H12. Cast Mirror Image on self - 3 images.

Mirror Images (1d4+1=3)

Spells left for the day:

6/7/4

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases