renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Arabesu

"And I am Yorgan Halfulfen. Also known as Yorgan the Bold in some parts. You must be of the Order of the Opalescent Blade, is that correct?" He continues, but his facial facial expression changes and the thick fur-like hair on cheeks and head seems to relax as well, as if it has lain down after bristling. The effect is much like a hound or wolf who formerly was agitated and uneasy becoming docile and friendly. Additionally, his wounds seem to stop bleeding, and even knit back together right before your eyes.

To Sascha, "I can help with that, although I am unskilled, I have quick hands." Continuing to Sir Conrad, "Perhaps while we bind this cretin, you, Drax, and Scavenger could investigate yonder ruined structure? Sascha and I will be along in but a moment."

OOC: Taking ten on an assist another, he gives Sascha a +2 to his Use Rope check to bind the hobgoblin. Healing factor kicks in after 30 seconds pass and his shifting ends, healing him 6, and he recovers 3 powerpoints.

[sblock=Yorgan's combat stats ]AC 22 (24 vs ranged); HP 41; Fort 4, Reflex 5, Will 1; 26 PP remaining. Thicken Skin 70min -6+ rounds, Dangersense ? hours. One charge off healing belt used.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger

"I will search the enemies first. Espicially the two-bladed one and the cleric." Answers Scavenger before he begins his search.

renau1g said:
[sblock=ooc]
Everyone receives 1260 xp for their part in destroying the threat
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Does Scavenger get more? He is one level behind.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Jerrand Redband said:
" Great blow Sir Knight," Draxton says sfter the evil cleric is slain." I am Draxton Bowith, servant of Helm the Ever Watchful. And who are you?" Draxton is not poised to fight but he hasn't put away his mace either.

"Sir Conrad Cyr, I serve the Triad of Justice, Duty, and Sacrifice. I salute a fellow follower of the Gods of the Good." Sir Conrad raises his violet mindblade in a salute, a small smile upon his lips.

Voadam

Legend
Arabesu said:
"And I am Yorgan Halfulfen. Also known as Yorgan the Bold in some parts. You must be of the Order of the Opalescent Blade, is that correct?" He continues, but his facial facial expression changes and the thick fur-like hair on cheeks and head seems to relax as well, as if it has lain down after bristling. The effect is much like a hound or wolf who formerly was agitated and uneasy becoming docile and friendly. Additionally, his wounds seem to stop bleeding, and even knit back together right before your eyes.

Sir Conrad turns to Yorgan. "Well met Halfulfen. Actually I am a knight errant of the Seelenritter. I am charged with hunting down evils in the lands and I heard there might be some brewing hereabouts. I am most interested in learning of this Red Hand and how hobgoblins gain the service of such beasts. I would be interested in finding out who this hobgoblin's divine patron was in particular." He gestures with his mindblade at the fallen cleric, then lets it dissipate. He pauses for a moment as he concentrates, drawing in a breath, then he wrenches out the arrows, teeth gritted. "Ahh. That is better."

renau1g

First Post
As Scavenger lives up to his name and searches the corpses, focusing on the apparent leaders of this evil band, Sascha is assisted in binding the unconscious hobgoblin archer, persumably for questioning. Draxton, Scavenger, and possibly, Sir Conrad will enter the farmhouse.

Scavenger's search of the corpses turns up the following:

[sblock=Cleric's Corpse]
Unholy Symbol (Religion DC 15 identify)
Banded Mail
Heavy Mace
Light Steel Shield
1 x blue potion (Spellcraft DC 15 identify)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Blade-Wielder's Corpse]
2 x Shortswords
Studded Leather Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Archers]
12 x Longswords
12 x Composite Longbows [+1]
12 x blue potions (same as cleric's)
12 x chainmail
[/sblock]

[sblock=Farmhouse]
Inside the farmhouse are 5 bodies, piled like cordwood in the corner. 3 of them appear to be warriors of some kind, wearing leather armour and a pile of 3 spears lies next to them, 1 appears to be a wealthy individual, by the appearance of his clothes. The last one appears to be a peasant, or farmer, based on the dirt covering him and the manner of dress.

A pile of gold coins lies next to the bodies as well, a quick estimate puts this at 355 gp (you're great at estimating ;) )

[/sblock]

[sblock=If the DC15 Religion check is made]
The unholy symbol is of Tiamat, the five-headed queen of the evil chromatic dragons.
[/sblock]

[sblock=WalkingDad]
Unfortunately no more XP for you, vs. the others. Being a lower level means that you'll reduce the average group level. Currently the group has an average level of 5.8, rather than 6. The xp amount was supposed to be 1200, but with your level being lower it brings it up that extra 4% or so... next encounter should put you to your next level though

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Finished with the hobgoblin, Sascha stands and assists Scavenger as needed. He nods silently to the new arrival.

Seeing the bodies, Sascha kneels and looks at the bodies, trying to find any other clues.

OOC: Take 20 on Search and use Kn (local) to see if anything pops up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger

renau1g said:
As Scavenger lives up to his name and searches the corpses, focusing on the apparent leaders of this evil band, Sascha is assisted in binding the unconscious hobgoblin archer, persumably for questioning. Draxton, Scavenger, and possibly, Sir Conrad will enter the farmhouse.

Scavenger's search of the corpses turns up the following:

[sblock=Cleric's Corpse]
Banded Mail
Heavy Mace
Light Steel Shield
1 x blue potion (Spellcraft DC 15 identify)
[/sblock]

2 x Shortswords
Studded Leather Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Archers]
12 x Longswords
12 x blue potions (same as cleric's)
12 x chainmail
[/sblock]
Scavenger piles the equipment and casts detect magic on it, to dicern the most valuable Items.

[sblock=If the DC15 Religion check is made]
The unholy symbol is of Tiamat, the five-headed queen of the evil chromatic dragons.
[/sblock]
"This seems to be an unholy symbol is of Tiamat, the five-headed queen of the evil chromatic dragons." Scavenger says, pointing at the cleric's symbol.
[sblock=ooc]
Know Religion (1d20+7=19)
[/sblock]
[sblock=WalkingDad]
Unfortunately no more XP for you, vs. the others. Being a lower level means that you'll reduce the average group level. Currently the group has an average level of 5.8, rather than 6. The xp amount was supposed to be 1200, but with your level being lower it brings it up that extra 4% or so... next encounter should put you to your next level though

[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
I accept your houserule, but for your information, the DMG p 37 says otherwise in it's example.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Sascha]
You recognize the well-dressed man to be Arcturus Raye, a powerful merchant from Drellin's Ferry (the town you're headed). He's made his wealth in tailoring & designing high-end, almost foppish clothes for the nobles of Brindol (the capital of the region). He has a log book secreted in a pouch on his person, it contains a list of customers, their sizes, and what they purchased.
[/sblock]

Scavenger's divinations provide's a better picture of what the hobgoblin's were carrying.

[sblock=Cleric's Corpse]
Banded Mail - minor abjuration
Heavy Mace
Light Steel Shield
1 x blue potion (Spellcraft DC 15 identify) - minor conjuration
[/sblock]

2 x Shortswords - minor conjuration
Studded Leather Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Archers]
12 x Longswords
12 x blue potions (same as cleric's) - minor conjuration
12 x chainmail
[/sblock]

[sblock=WD]
My apologies WalkingDad, thank you for the correction... I've been calculating XP wrong for years.... just don't tell my real life group ;).

Your XP amount is 1370, based on this new information. Thanks again!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger

"The banded mail and the shortswords are magical. Can someone identify the potions? I don't think I will have much use of it, but maybe you.
They all have a minor conjuration aura.
I will take one of the short sword if nobody objects."
Scavenger explains further.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases