D&D 4E I have 4e but there's a catch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Veil

First Post
Now I have 4e! And it's not the books I ordered from Amazon. Oh no, those won't arrive for another 2-3 weeks. Thanks to Buy.com and someone with a scanner and time on his hands. I have 3 pdf books, Players, DM, MM now.

No I won't print these out. I enjoy books not binders. I have a job (and ink costs lots more than any book). I don't say this to invite others to find an online copy. I mention this because 4e is here. Buy.com screwed up. I'd be mad if I were WTC.

Just reading Alignment ...
Good job. Short and to the point! LG believe in cooperating for a common goal that will improve their lives for the better. So CE is the opposite. Well said. Simple and to the point. (I can't wait till my books come! PDFs suck, sorry but they do)

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Mighty Veil said:
Now I have 4e! And it's not the books I ordered from Amazon. Oh no, those won't arrive for another 2-3 weeks. Thanks to Buy.com and someone with a scanner and time on his hands. I have 3 pdf books, Players, DM, MM now.

No I won't print these out. I enjoy books not binders. I have a job (and ink costs lots more than any book). I don't say this to invite others to find an online copy. I mention this because 4e is here. Buy.com screwed up. I'd be mad if I were WTC.

Just reading Alignment ...
Good job. Short and to the point! LG believe in cooperating for a common goal that will improve their lives for the better. So CE is the opposite. Well said. Simple and to the point. (I can't wait till my books come! PDFs suck, sorry but they do)

Do they have color proof bars on them? They were likely stolen or illegally distributed.

Did you get an early ship of books? If not see second sentence of above.

Regardless not the best thing to be announcing on a board that frowns on this type of behavior.

Just sayin' cause some people who visit this site make their livelihoods from this product release :(

PS thanks for the books you did buy :)

Last edited:

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I am in principle against piracy. I honestly believe it does hurt people and not figuratively but literally.

Having said that, and as a purchaser of the 4e set and KotS, I *do* like having a PDF copy. Especially an OCR copy as it's far easier to search and peruse whilst on the computer instead of having several large books open. It's also nice to be able to print out excerpts for a game, especially from a module.

Which of course leads to the big question: will there be PDF copies available from WotC? I've read a lot of conflicting information on this matter and it seems DDI is up in the air and even if it does supply the rules, there's the question of being able to print them out for personal use.

Imban

First Post
Kzach said:
Having said that, and as a purchaser of the 4e set and KotS, I *do* like having a PDF copy. Especially an OCR copy as it's far easier to search and peruse whilst on the computer instead of having several large books open.

I love Exalted's official PDFs for this because White Wolf still can't be arsed to use proper tables of contents or any indices at all, but ctrl-F is an awesome substitute.

D&D has always had much better organization, but it's an amazingly welcome feature nonetheless.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Do they have color proof bars on them? They were likely stolen or illegally distributed.

Did you get an early ship of books? If not see second sentence of above.

Regardless not the best thing to be announcing on a board that frowns on this type of behavior.

Just sayin' cause some people who visit this site make their livelihoods from this product release :(

PS thanks for the books you did buy :)

Will you ever be talking the incident in a podcast of some sort? I'm really interested How this fiasco happened.

I ask because the leak of half life 2 (while tragic) did make for a good story (especially the part that described how they caught the guy).

I would be interested in reading or listining about what happened whenever (if ever) your able to talk about it.

ahh 3 shiny new pdfs for $0, and how many days before release....?

gotta love the internet. I'm not sure if this whole piracy thing is going to end up being good or bad for society...but it feels great to get new toys for nothing before they are released. You just can't beat that feeling. ....you can't.

I have to add tho, I doubt I will actually read the pdf version..prob just wait to get dead tree version before I actually read it. ...naaahhhhhhh!!

duke_Qa

First Post
My condolences on the leak. Not that i fear this will cause as much trouble as it does for computer games. You have to be a desperate man to print out 1000 pages of scanned pdf's to save a few bucks.

On the bright side, i prophesied it would be leaked two weeks before release date, and now its merely... 10 days. well halfway wrong at least, not too bad.

Teydyn

First Post
I will buy the books too, but i hope WotC gives a fair option for a PDF version.
Otherwise i have to scan the books myself *cough*

vagabundo

Adventurer
My morals on piracy are grey, to say the least. However I have bought KotS (2 copies actually, long story <sigh>) and pre-ordered the core books.

I dont know if I can resist. I have been playing 4e since the DNDxp has been released.

Some Anecdotal Stuff:My FLSG owner, a guy I know since school and I havent seen in a few years, was shooting the breeze with me after I purchased KotS. He told me demand for 4e was off the scale and it was all old timers, who had fallen away from the hobby and wanted to get back in with 4e. He said he hand pre-ordered as many RPG books in a long long time.

MindWanderer

First Post
My Google-Fu is weak. I can't find them. It doesn't help that every time I start, I get wracked with guilt before I can put a solid effort into it.

Hurry up and ship, Amazon. If I get it early, I promise I won't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases