Build me a katana + trenchcoat guy

hong

WotC's bitch
So, how would you build a katana + trenchcoat guy in 4E? AKA, big sword/light armour. No books here, or I'd do it myself.

Ginnel

Explorer
hong said:
So, how would you build a katana + trenchcoat guy in 4E? AKA, big sword/light armour. No books here, or I'd do it myself.
Well that'd be a ranger with two weapon fighting, katana and waki-zashi
and leather armor, buda bing buda bang all done :p

well you may want him to pick up profiency in katana if its there I suppose but I see nothing wrong with long sword and short sword myself

Rechan

Adventurer
Honestly?

I'd go Ranger. Then I'd beg my DM to let me use my single sword instead of two weapons (i.e. take two attacks with it, instead of using two weapons). Negotiate a penalty or something.

That way, you're a mobile dude who can put the hurt on one guy, or a lot of little guys, and you got your big scary weapon.

Otherwise, go Fighter, get Bastard sword, go two-handed weapon fighting, and just ignore armor. :cool:

Antioch

First Post
Big sword and light-to-no armor?

Trenchcoat is cloth armor (0 AC), but you can get it magic and at later levels made of feyweave and then starweave (better starting AC). Then, I would let you pick an arrangement of rogue/fighter powers so that you can emphasize heavy blade attacks and fast rogue utilities.
So, you can have Brute Strike and Tumble, for example.

Ginnel

Explorer
hong said:
TWF is too easy. How would you do it if you wanted a Cloud-style daiklave?
Easy, fighter with focusing on two handed stuff with high dexterity or intelligence, to off set his lack of plate, give him the heavy damage daily which does 3[W] and make him wield a greatsword or a katana/bastard sword depending on your tastes :p maybe multiclass a close burst power to represent a kinda ground slash thing

Rechan

Adventurer
Warlord. Go Inspirational. This way, you're not necessarily puttin' the hurt on the dude, but you look awesome when you do it.

Talislan

First Post
Isn't there a Paragon path called Kensei for the fighter? I'm sure I saw that in another thread somewhere. Thought that would be the way for the Cloud-esque western 'Samurai' detective?

Xefas

First Post
Well, Cloud could cast a lot of magic. Actually, he could cast *all* the magic available to PCs.

How about a Wizard with the Weapon Proficiency feat for Greatsword? His high Intelligence will give him a decent AC bonus in no armor (the wizard's armor of choice).

Then, you can mimic just how FF7 played: muscley guys with giant swords who sit in the back and spam their Bahamut Zero materia until everything dies.

Don't forget to reflavor the 1st level Scorching Burst power appropriately.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases