Table of ability scores for each PHB race, MM race, and class

Asmor

First Post
Here's a handy dandy table I whipped up with the racial ability modifiers of every PHB and MM race, as well as the key stats for each of the classes. I also listed the skills which each race gets a bonus to.

Attachments

• 4eabilities.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 751
  • ability scores.xls
    72 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

Lucius Drake

First Post
Thank you very much for doing this! It's great to be able to get a feel for the playable races before getting my hands on the books, nice work.

Voss

First Post
Strong personalities, I guess. I find it interesting that stat-wise you can straight-swap them for halflings and half-elves.

Hmm. Longtooth shifter clerics...
and doppelganger warlocks.

Asmor

First Post
I was actually kind of surprised how many of the classes require strength.

And don't let this paint the entire picture for you. Almost every race has a power, among other things, which really changes their feel. For example, goblins get to shift as a reaction when an attack misses them and hobgoblins can make make a save once per encounter as a reaction to being hit by an effect which allows a save.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
I fiddled with the Excel file to show which races match up best with which classes. In the file, I list each race and each class and how many of the race's stat bonuses coincide with the class's major stats. (Keeping in mind that here I was only looking at stat boosts: Gnomes look to make excelelnt rogues, but only get a "1" in rogue on the chart).

Attachments

• ability scores by class.xls
    13 KB · Views: 174

rhm001

First Post
Mr. Teapot said:
I fiddled with the Excel file to show which races match up best with which classes. In the file, I list each race and each class and how many of the race's stat bonuses coincide with the class's major stats. (Keeping in mind that here I was only looking at stat boosts: Gnomes look to make excelelnt rogues, but only get a "1" in rogue on the chart).

Thanks, that's interesting. One question: if dwarves, with Wis/Con, and dragonborn, with Str/Cha, are a two for Clerics, why are half-elves, with Cha/Con and elves, with Wis/Dex only a one? Not all abilities are equal for all classes, but it seems the elf and half-elf racials would be useful for clerics. Did you accidentally swap fighter and cleric numbers for dragonborn and elf? Also, why are half elves only one for paladin?

Last edited:

Voss

First Post
Its a matter of primary and secondary stats. Apparently most classes attack with one or two stats. Clerics, for example, seem to be str and wis. The secondary stats are nice, but not nearly as important.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases