Characters don't get a usable Pact from the Pact Initiate feat.

rhm001

First Post
This came up in another thread. As it is currently written, the Warlock multiclass feat grants you a pact ability 1/encounter, an ability that only functions on targets you have cursed. The catch? You don't get a curse. The ability is useless!

Current proposed solutions:

Samurai said:
[T]here are 2 choices to remedy this:

a) Give them the Warlock's Curse instead of the pact power.

or

b) Give them a Warlock's Mark that does NOT add a damage bonus or provide any inherent benefits, but it triggers other powers and abilities as if it were a Warlock's Curse.

Other suggested solutions?

ShockMeSane

First Post
You've misread it. It says choose a Warlock Pact. You gain that pact's At-Will ability as an encounter power. You can pursue that Pact's paragon class and use Warlock implements.

ie; Star Pact = Dire Radiance as an encounter power, qualifies your character for Doomsayer Paragon Path.

Traken

First Post
I think you might have figured it out, but you get the at-will power. You do not get the Pact Boon from the multiclass feat.

rhm001

First Post
Traken said:
I think you might have figured it out, but you get the at-will power. You do not get the Pact Boon from the multiclass feat.

I have, thanks. My bad. I'm reluctant to kick this thread, but I do want to ask: since the abilities are pact specific, does that mean that only half-elves will be able to get Eldritch Blast 1/encounter, since it's not pact specific? (Sure, you could trade an at-will for it at level 11 if you didn't take a paragon path, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
What I find interesting is they list, "eldritch blast" for the per-encounter, but used to be at-will power.

As such, for me personally. I would say you can pick either the pact-specific power or eldritch blast (but your still specific to a certain pact).

Tripgnosis

First Post
Yeah I'm not sure if you can get eldritch blast or not. It's technically not any of the pacts automatic 'at will' powers (cuz the warlock gets it anyway.) However it is listed as a "fey" power, so one could rule that if you multiclassed with the "fey" pact you could choose either Eyebite OR Eldritch blast. Or maybe you should be able to choose it no matter which pact you multiclassed with since ALL warlocks get it regardless of pact....

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Tripgnosis said:
Yeah I'm not sure if you can get eldritch blast or not. It's technically not any of the pacts automatic 'at will' powers (cuz the warlock gets it anyway.) However it is listed as a "fey" power, so one could rule that if you multiclassed with the "fey" pact you could choose either Eyebite OR Eldritch blast. Or maybe you should be able to choose it no matter which pact you multiclassed with since ALL warlocks get it regardless of pact....
Where is it listed as a "fey" power? Its heading reads: "Warlock (All) Attack 1".

Tripgnosis

First Post
Yes Oldtimer, after you pointed out that mistake out on my other thhead I came here to fix that, but you beat me here. ;) Again, my bad. I thought I saw it listed that way and went by memory when I posted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases