The Retaking of Forgehold OOC-4E (Full)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Your fearsome smite power should also be +6.

Your daily on the other hand is not a weapon power so it's just +4.

Given how 4e works though, it'll often be your most likely power to hit.

If Mal was your opponent, for example, you'd hit him on a 13 with most powers (+6 VS AC 19) but you'd only need a 9 for your daily (+4 VS 13 Will).

This isn't much of a concern for Mal tough, he only hits against AC. But the others have to keep an eye on this to be efficient.

Vargo

First Post
Yeah, I'd noticed the fearsome smite after you mentioned the other two, and fixed it. When I was designing him, I initially was trying to go for a mix of powers that could hit different defenses, but about halfway through I said "the heck with it" and just grabbed what felt right. ;)

The main confusing point for me was the double bonus, which has now been rectified.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeah it's going to be tricky getting used to the new system in such a short time...

Anyway, about the backstory, it's all good to me, I'd like to add something for the benefit of my character since I haven't participated very much till now. I guess the character Arden is most likely to be interested in is Angel, her being a Warlock and all... this guy is pretty fixated with all things magickal, you know :D

Having been raised in a pretty formal environment he would probably be a little uptight, but it could be fun if he really was trying hard to fit in an "adventuring" situation...embarassment all the way! something like...

Arden looks up at the Dragonborn's face and exhitantly says: "Uhm..well...I guess... Thank you good si...I mean... thanks man...?

and then turns to the warlock lady with a little bow and asks in a charming voice (would like to!!) "Could I ask you, madam, if you use a spellbook in your arcane studies?" and stuff like that a warlock could care less for...

Then again, I don't think I've heard from the DM yet, so I don't know if I'm actually in...?

Also, sorry for my bad english: it's not my first language, if you've not figured it out.

SarahRequiem

First Post
I feel like I'm gonna get alot of attention from my fellow adventurer friends.

edit: I updated my character sheet a bit. did some formatting and updated my background story.

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Atanatotatos said:
Arden looks up at the Dragonborn's face and exhitantly says: "Uhm..well...I guess... Thank you good si...I mean... thanks man...?
"Sir is correct, as I am lacking in breasts. I live to serve."

Atanatotatos

First Post
As a curiosity, what do you think about the new edition mechanics from what you've seen so far? Some things are so different I really can't imagine how they work in play...I mean, I'm statting a wizard with 16 AC at first level,and that's not the big deal...
I very much like the flavor so far, though

Remove ads