The Retaking of Forgehold OOC-4E (Full)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The Retaking of Forgehold

JOIN US!

The Great Merchant Houses of Deluna and Verhaun are currently for brave and hardy individuals to help reclaim the ancient trade city of Forgehold. Founded by the Dwarven King Rolvik ages ago, the city was a nexus of trade amongst the dwarves and it is here that Nerath's great Dwarven Road ends. When Nerath fell, so did Forgehold. The resources this city holds cannot be left to enrich the goblins that infest its ruins. We will fight to take back the city and you can join in the prosperity!

You see this notice pasted up near a tavern you frequent... the offer seems intriguing and you are eager to test your mettle.

A powerful alliance of trade houses, nobles and dwarf clans are seeking to rebuild Forgehold for many purposes.
The creatures in the city are mostly scattered about but many are refusing to leave. A Small town has been erected against the South gate of the city. The characters will start off coming to the Town and getting mission in the wild parts of the city. There are rumors that there was something DARK in the Dwarf city that drove them off. There are many little intrigue laden reasons why any individual character might be coming here.

I am running a short "campaign", basically levels 1-2, maybe up to three about the retaking of the outer wards of this city. Play will involve a little intrigue, a little combat and hopefully some surprises.

Feel free to posts character ideas. I'd like 5 players. I'll run with 3-6.

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
I wasn't planning on buying the books, but wanted to nevertheless give 4e a try. When you say campaign, are you thinking just an adventure for 1st level characters or going all the way? I'd be interested in playing something over the first few levels, which I can probably manage without the books from all the preview material and character sheets we've seen, although I might need help levelling up.

Pinotage

Velmont

First Post
I could be interested. I must tell it will greatly depend on the campaign itself.

I've already start to play it table top. Only one short session as a Fey pact Warlock, but it gave me a good impression. I would be willing to try it over PbP.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'm interested in having a go at 4e, but I don't have the books. I'd be happy to take up the slack with whatever role the party needed, if people didn't mind giving me a hand with the rules.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Maybe I could do this as just a short low-heroic campaign just to get our feet we, then have a ending point. Those who wanted could continue, and those who don't could bail out.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Anyone who wants in, post a basic character idea. If you have the books, use either the default array or point buy. If you don't we'll work out stats soon. If you don't know how to create your idea in 4e, post it, and we'll figure it out.

Characters can have any motivation they want to travel to Forgehold, but if you have any specifics let me know. I can be reach on email too at siliconjedi AT gmail DOT com

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Well, if we are retaking a keep...

I call dibs on the fighter. They are the lynchpin of a party's tactical ability IMO. What good are abilities like Hit and Run without a fighter holding the line?

For the sake of simplicity, he'll be a cynical mercenary named Mal Malenkirk, human.

Stats forthcoming.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases