Penny Arcade do 4th ed - Podcast

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Makes total sense. 4E is aimed squarely at the typical Penny Arcade reader (of which I am one), so I hope it sells them books.

Gabe's news post at PA today talks more about it.

Great stuff.

In addition to listening to their general hilarity and figuring things out and such, the comic panels that they're both doing along with them are beautiful...as always, really.

Beaten here, but people are actually responding to your post.

I like it. That's pretty much exactly how the game plays with new players, and it's pretty much exactly what the guys in my gaming group act like as well. So kudos to PA/WotC for getting the feel and sounds of D&D4e so close to what it's actually like.

-TRRW

JVisgaitis

Explorer
theredrobedwizard said:
So kudos to PA/WotC for getting the feel and sounds of D&D4e so close to what it's actually like.

Why do they need kudos for that? They're playing D&D. How else do you imagine it sounding? It's not like it was scripted...

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Listened to it last night and really enjoyed it - hopefully the podcasts will continue and we'll see what happens with the rest of the adventure.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
It's funny, I thought Kurtz didn't like gaming as much anymore, since he seemed to want to distance himself from the gaming publishers (Dork Storm) in a recent interview , and he was kind of cold towards Gary Gygax's death recently. (Which was disappointing since I bought Gary the original Ale and Whores T-Shirt, he loved it, and I wish I had gotten a picture of Gary wearing that). Plus, for a strip called PVP, I rarely see the cast actually talk about gaming right now.

Penny Arcade still has itself loyal to the gaming gang, however. (Though PVP makes more sense from a plot and pacing perspective).

JVisgaitis said:
Why do they need kudos for that? They're playing D&D. How else do you imagine it sounding? It's not like it was scripted...

Quite a lot of the "game session podcasts" I've listened to are painful and annoying.

I just wish they could get Gamer Radio Zero to sound this casual and fun.

-TRRW

Remove ads