Slaad Farming

gfunk

First Post
My Sor 12 just picked up Summon Monster VI, so she can summon a Red Slaad. Under the Slaad's description, it says that it can implant an egg into an opponent's body (DC 17 Fort, but no save if the recipient is unconscious or helpless). So my question is this,

Purchase a bunch of cattle and get the Slaad to implant as many of them as possible. One week later, *poof* an army of CN Blue Slaads! Of course, my CN Sor would then have to figure out how to handle a horde of extraplanar creatures from Limbo with a 6 INT... :p Ummm . . . dare I ask . . . suggestions?

Crothian

First Post
Unless you have some spells like Mass Charm, I'd stay away from this. Those guys will overrun you in. The best you can do is keep them happy and content, most CN people behave when they get what they want.

Edit: I'm going of the assumption this would work. I have no idea by the rules if it would or not. Since the monster is summoned...I just don't know. I'm not up to date on summon monster rules.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hire a non-chaotic spellcaster with lots of chaos-bashing spells. Also, supply a fighter with a lawful weapon... :D

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Screw keeping them in line.

Take the one you summon, have it empregnate a couple of cows.

Charm the first one, have it impregnate a couple of cows.

Kill the second one. Get XP.

Rinse and repeat.

--Twinker Spikey

graydoom

First Post
Lots of Magic Circles Against Chaos around each cow/slaad. Maybe build one giant one around the whole farm :). Take out individual slaads as needed for missions. Continually enlarge circle and keep giving them more cows to implant eggs in.
As CN creatures, they are unlikely to follow you freely or consistently... the best bet is to just treat them well and hope you can somehow direct them to do occasional favors for you.
Really cool idea :D. Heck, if this worked, just one summoned Slaad that implanted a herd or two of cows could have the end result of the world being overrun by slaads. This could be a really cool plot hook!

Vaxalon

First Post
SpikeyFreak said:
Screw keeping them in line.

Take the one you summon, have it empregnate a couple of cows.

Charm the first one, have it impregnate a couple of cows.

Kill the second one. Get XP.

Please explain how these critters are an obstacle that has been overcome.

IMC if you create the obstacle, then you don't get XP for it.

gfunk

First Post
Vaxalon said:

Please explain how these critters are an obstacle that has been overcome.

IMC if you create the obstacle, then you don't get XP for it.

Easy, you let them have the first punch:D

[added]

BTW, great idea graydoom. I'll try to fix up a large Prot from Chaos effect if I can, that would at least keep them in one place. Since my Sor has ungodly Cha (esp. after a double empowered Eagle's Splendor) I hope that I can use them as "mob enforcers." I don't really want a min/max situation, I just think it's funny as hell.

<pseudo-Italian accent>
"You treat-a me with a-respect, or I-a send my blue-a slaad buddies to kick-a the crap out of you-a."

Last edited:

Gizzard

First Post
Arent the Slaad an intelligent race along the lines of the Drow or the Gith-whatevers? If they are, I wouldnt want to see what happens to you when Slaadi ruling body finds out what you are doing.

Red Slaad: "Massster, he sssummoned me to hisss plane and took my precious Egg to put in sssome foul sssmelling horned beasssst!"
Black Slaad: "Sssss! Bring me the scrying ball and send for the Grey Assassin. We teach this sorcerer what it means to cross the Slaad!"

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Gizzard said:
Arent the Slaad an intelligent race along the lines of the Drow or the Gith-whatevers? If they are, I wouldnt want to see what happens to you when Slaadi ruling body finds out what you are doing.

Red Slaad: "Massster, he sssummoned me to hisss plane and took my precious Egg to put in sssome foul sssmelling horned beasssst!"
Black Slaad: "Sssss! Bring me the scrying ball and send for the Grey Assassin. We teach this sorcerer what it means to cross the Slaad!"
They're the outsider race associated with chaos. I wouldn't play such a race as being quite so.....organized.

--Froggy Spikey

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
SpikeyFreak said:

They're the outsider race associated with chaos. I wouldn't play such a race as being quite so.....organized.

--Froggy Spikey
Right. And the less powerful slaadi aren't all that intelligent, either (i.e., blue & red slaadi have a racial average Int of 6).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases