Slaad Farming

gfunk

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
So would I... Oh, and what do you think of my idea of farming Vampric/Wight Slaads?

I think it's a great idea, but unfortunately Spawn can only be created from Humanoids (Wights) or Humanoids/Monstrous Humanoids (Vampires). Otherwise, you get the brownie for creative thinking!:D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
One problem with Awakening a cow is it's lack of Charisma. It gets 3d6 Int, but only +1d3 Cha. Considering most large mammals have a Cha of 6, it couldn't even cast 0-level spells.

Still qualifies as an arcane spellcaster, though - it can use any wand on the sorcerer list.

*If* I roll well for Int, I might consider making it a Wizzie instead. Here's a question, if I polymorphed the evil Wizzie into a cow first, then got a Slaad to impregnate it, would it become a Green Slaad? I'm inclined to think so...

Heh. The poor cow - hooves aren't really designed for turning pages in a spellbook.

Why not find a Druid/Wizard, Dominate him, and get him to Wildshape into a cow?

-Hyp.

MythandLore

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

Just seen far too many good-aligned, misunderstood, immune-to-sunlight vampire PCs.

[hisses]

-Hyp.
That just sounds like a goth kid.
Try making a non-good-aligned, bloodsucking, un-immune-to-sunlight vampire PC.

gfunk said:
1) One problem with Awakening a cow is it's lack of Charisma. It gets 3d6 Int, but only +1d3 Cha. Considering most large mammals have a Cha of 6, it couldn't even cast 0-level spells. *If* I roll well for Int, I might consider making it a Wizzie instead.

2)Here's a question, if I polymorphed the evil Wizzie into a cow first, then got a Slaad to impregnate it, would it become a Green Slaad? I'm inclined to think so...
1) Even if he had 1 cha he can still be a sor, just a crappy one.
2) Yes.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Just looked at it, seems like you would want to do some selective implanting. I wonder if there's something you could do to help select what Chaotic Variations they get...

gfunk

First Post
Well, i suppose the real questions is of Slaadi genetics? Do they follow Mendellian or non-Mendellian genetics? Perhaps I can isolate the Slaad with the "bigger brain" (Int +4) and get it, and it alone, to further impregnate cows. I mean I would like my mob enforcers to have a little bit of brain power and Int 10 looks like a good amount.

It says, in the Manual of the Planes that Slaadi are hermaphrodites. So, technically speaking, they should pass on all their genes with 100% fidelity right? Woo hoo! Come to my Slaad farm, where we breed only the finest in Toril!

Crothian

First Post
gfunk said:
Well, i suppose the real questions is of Slaadi genetics? Do they follow Mendellian or non-Mendellian genetics? Perhaps I can isolate the Slaad with the "bigger brain" (Int +4) and get it, and it alone, to further impregnate cows. I mean I would like my mob enforcers to have a little bit of brain power and Int 10 looks like a good amount.

It says, in the Manual of the Planes that Slaadi are hermaphrodites. So, technically speaking, they should pass on all their genes with 100% fidelity right? Woo hoo! Come to my Slaad farm, where we breed only the finest in Toril!

The sad ting is when I relate this story to my friends on gaming night, they will all think I'm making it up. :p

The Iron Mark

First Post
Well if you could get them to be Ghosts, that'd be even better. Of course, they'd be a bitch to control. Or instead of Ghost Slaads, you could cross-breed them(magically of course) with something else. There's no special Slaad for implanting/diseasing clerics or druids. Oh well. This is my 3rd edit I think now. Anyway, the Reference Document doesn't mention what a Slaad looks like. Could someone decribe one to me? ANOTHER EDIT. If you kept real good care of them, maybe you could advance their HD because of being carefully nurtured(not sure if nurtured is the best word in this case, but, oh well). Too bad you can't get Gray or Death Slaadi. Oh well.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I have a solution for the spellcasting cow: Summon a tanar'ri, get it to impregnate a cow - voila, instant half-fiend cow! :p Then, teach it one level in Sorcerer. That oughta do it... :D

BTW, what Con scores do regular cows have, anyway? 'coz implanting won't work on creatures with a Con <11 (since they won't survive the gestation period - or rather, the loss of 10 points of Con).

Last edited:

MythandLore

First Post
Darkness said:
I have a solution for the spellcasting cow: Summon a tanar'ri, get it to impregnate a cow - voila, instant half-fiend cow! :p Then, teach it one level in Sorcerer. That oughta do it... :D

BTW, what Con scores do regular cows have, anyway? 'coz implanting won't work on creatures with a Con <11 (since they won't survive the gestation period - or rather, the loss of 10 points of Con).
We were just talkiong about this yesterday in the CCforum.
There is no stats for cows.

Remove ads