Slaad Farming

gfunk

First Post
Well, the closest animal in the MM might be the Bison and it has a 16 Con. So I have to imagine that bovines in general are pretty hardy suckers.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Doesn't matter about the Con, just cast Extended Empowered Endurances on them Half-Fiend Cows. Would the Slaad get the Half-Fiend template too? Then you could have a Half-Fiend Ghost Slaad or some other crazy mixture. I wonder if a powerful wizard could subvert a celestial to do it. Then mix that with the tanar'ri, then take that and get it implanted/diseased. Then kill it off and have it as a ghost or magically mix with some other creature.

Crothian

First Post
gfunk said:
Well, the closest animal in the MM might be the Bison and it has a 16 Con. So I have to imagine that bovines in general are pretty hardy suckers.

Cows are tough creatures. They can eat for like 12 hours straight. You need a 12+ con to do that. :D

Gromm

First Post
Crothian said:
Unless you have some spells like Mass Charm, I'd stay away from this. Those guys will overrun you in. The best you can do is keep them happy and content, most CN people behave when they get what they want.

Only one problem.. .they are Chaos incarnate, you couldn't satisfy them. They are chaotic like demons are evil. You might think you have them in control for a while until one gets bored and decides to kill you at random. Not to mention they're bound to escape, which isn't likely to endear you to the locals.

A cool idea for an adventure though. Crazy sorceror summons some "pets" and looses control and the PCs have to clean it up.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Gromm said:
You might think you have them in control for a while until one gets bored and decides to kill you at random.
...or they might do to you what you had them do to the cows... :eek:

Crothian

First Post
Darkness said:
You are speaking from personal experience, yes? ;)

I live in the cow belt of America. I'm not on a farm, thank goodness. But I've been around them and my Dad grew up on one. So, ya, personal experince.

Crothian

First Post
Gromm said:

Only one problem.. .they are Chaos incarnate, you couldn't satisfy them. They are chaotic like demons are evil. You might think you have them in control for a while until one gets bored and decides to kill you at random. Not to mention they're bound to escape, which isn't likely to endear you to the locals.

A cool idea for an adventure though. Crazy sorceror summons some "pets" and looses control and the PCs have to clean it up.

Yo-Yo's . Everyone loves Yo-Yo's. :D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Crothian said:

I live in the cow belt of America. I'm not on a farm, thank goodness. But I've been around them and my Dad grew up on one. So, ya, personal experince.
Heh. That wasn't what I meant; I was joking around, mainly. :)

Remove ads