Invasion of Mori IC - Town Group

moritheil

First Post
After a hearty meal, you watch as the goblin delegation gathers around the cultist from before, who bears the same ornamented staff. Gesturing, she forms a circle and touches one of the party lightly with the end of the staff. There is a flash of brilliant blue light, and the goblin delegation disappears.

"Well, they're off," says Roillard. Rummaging around inside his robe, he produces a small map. "It's not very good, but I think it will show you the way to town."

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well then. We'll catch you later," Gabriel says dimissively to Roillard, taking the map and checking how far they'd have to travel to get to the town. "So darlings, shall we go in as husband, wife, and bodyguard? Potential traders or somesuch examining the town for contacts?"

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette regards Gabriel thoughtfully as they stroll away, towards the outside.

"That should work well for public persona. Don't expect me to be hanging on your arm overmuch though. I will have plenty of work to do, and most of it will be in different circles than you. Still, if you have need of your companion for any given event, I'm sure it can be arranged."

She smiles; bright white teeth between ebony lips.

"Do you have a preference for my appearance? I wouldn't want to strain your acting abilities with a face you find...distasteful."

Dichotomy

Explorer
"By the demon lords! You will not act like this the whole damned time, will you?"

Rose shakes his head as he follows. "Bodyguard shouldn't be hard though. Even I should be able to pull that one off. Do we still need to disguise me in some fashion, or can your lordship explain away your odd help?"

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette laughs. "Jealous? I hope you can stomach it at least a little. In public we'll have to put on a convincing show."

She eyes the warrior up and down.

"You won't necessarily need a magical disguise...maybe just some wrappings around your head and face, and gloves. What little glimpses people get of your skin shouldn't seem too strange then... Then, if that doesn't seem to be deflecting the curious and the inquisitive, we still have the option of a magic disguise."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Perhaps if we say Rose if foreign... ah, or better, than he has burn scars or some such that he prefers to hide his skin as to not alarm the masses. That would make 'decent' folk both compassionate and incurious, a good combination for us. Silhouette, I intend to go in as blonde and handsome, as usual. I don't want to look too sinister, but on the other hand I don't want to overdo it either. If we play the party of wealthy but canny merchants looking for a good outlet for... hmmm... we must think of something appropriate for a town under a threat of siege from undead and goblins."

As Gabriel muses, his visage shifts to a handsome blonde, though perhaps lacking in the edge of viscious charisma that is so typical of the bard. It's a more open face, more friendly, and also looking far less devious and cruel. It's a disgustingly honest face, truth be told.

moritheil

First Post
Lands pass by as the group travels. The Lair of Shadows is situated in a swamp, and progress is slow for a while. Then marshland gives way to gentle, rolling hills, and lands scarred by the recent engagements. A large furrow, cut in the earth by some divine hand, runs indifferently through both hill and marsh, no doubt left from the final battle in which the infernal army was scattered.

Shayuri

First Post
As they break out of the swamp, Silhouette casts a spell, changing her features to that of a fair-skinned young woman with laughing green eyes and coppery hair that shines and bounces as she walks. Her rather slinky gray and maroon gown (sort of Chinese style in cut for our modern readers) fluffs out into a more modest, more practical skirt and bodice in blue and white. She is pretty and pleasant in this seeming, but not the female 'equivalent' of Gabriel's radiant handsomeness.

She'd much rather he got the lion's share of direct attention. It would be best for her purposes if she were a bit forgettable in comparison.

"We could be visiting to see the markets," she suggests. "Imagine we'd just come into some money, and wanted to establish a business venture. We could buy information about who needed what...or we could take a somewhat longer, more personal approach, and visit places ourselves. And of course, we just had to see the place where so many victories against evil were won," she adds sarcastically.

moritheil

First Post
After a few hours of travel, Rose, Silhouette, and Gabriel all notice that something is amiss with the surrounding lands. Dark, indistinct shapes move among the bushes in the distance, creeping low to the ground. To ones schooled in the ways of assassination and warfare, their clumsy attempts at stealth stand out as the meanest attempts of amateurs. Yet there is something alien and inhuman to the pattern of these movements.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shayuri said:
"We could be visiting to see the markets," she suggests. "Imagine we'd just come into some money, and wanted to establish a business venture. We could buy information about who needed what...or we could take a somewhat longer, more personal approach, and visit places ourselves. And of course, we just had to see the place where so many victories against evil were won," she adds sarcastically.
"A preliminary scouting? Terribly truthful, in all sense of the word. An excellent plan" Gabriel says with approval.

But when the shadows begin to slink about them, the bard gets a faint frown on his face.

"These flickers are starting to annoy me slightly. Shall we call them out or ignore them for now?" Gabriel asks the others.

OOC: Could Gabriel get a bardic knowledge (+12) or Knowledge (arcana) +9 on what these things might be?

Last edited:

Remove ads