Warlock Pact Confusion

Tripgnosis

First Post
Ok, so my warlock Pact determines which at will ability I get at first level, as well as my pact boon. But In noticed that ALL of the warlocks powers are categorized as either "Fey", "Infernal" or "Star." Does this mean that you have to choose the powers associated with your pact at subsequent levels?? at first I thought man that sucks, can't really customize. But then I realized that Eldritch Blast is listed as "Fey" and yet all warlocks get that power regardless of their pact. So now I'm confused. Why differentiate at all? Are there other bonuses down the road that apply to powers associated with certain pacts?

Cirex

First Post
The pact gives you the Pact Boon and a bonus for using powers of your pact. So, if you pick star pact, you can use powers with the infernal tag, but you can't get the extra benefit (like, push enemy 1+intelligence bonus).

Pact also determines your at-will powers, Eldritch Blast + X.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Tripgnosis said:
Ok, so my warlock Pact determines which at will ability I get at first level, as well as my pact boon. But In noticed that ALL of the warlocks powers are categorized as either "Fey", "Infernal" or "Star." Does this mean that you have to choose the powers associated with your pact at subsequent levels?? at first I thought man that sucks, can't really customize. But then I realized that Eldritch Blast is listed as "Fey" and yet all warlocks get that power regardless of their pact. So now I'm confused. Why differentiate at all? Are there other bonuses down the road that apply to powers associated with certain pacts?
First of all, Eldritch Blast is not "Warlock (fey)", it's "Warlock (All)".

Secondly, on page 131 it says: "Each power is associated with one of the three eldritch pacts, but you aren't limited to choosing powers associated with your pact."

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I have my friend's book with me and it specifically says that you can choose powers from any of the pacts. However, powers of one pact tend to rely on different ability scores. Infernal mostly uses CON, Fey mostly uses CHA, and Star pact powers use both.

Tripgnosis

First Post
Oldtimer, you're right, the Eldritch Blast does say ALL. My bad. I dunno why I thought it said Fey. And I see that now on pg 131, thanx. How quick you all are. Thanx for the clarification

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases