The Raven Marches

Jemal

Adventurer
Halford - If you're still recruiting, I've been wanting to play a low-level ranged character for a while (Archer or slinger, either human or halfling)

Halford

First Post
The Pantheon will be standard Greyhawk with the addition of all dieties in the Complete Divine and XPH.

I will also be allowing the Players Handbook 2, though some few feats may be refused from there - not many so don't worry about it it probably won't come up.

Rayex: A Favored Soul would be grand.

Walking Dad: Thats a fine looking crop of skills you have there!

Halford

First Post
Hey Jemal, love to have you onboard.

If everyone who has posted here thus far is still onboard I will close recruitment and get the ball rolling. I will start an IC thread and Rogues gallery thread tonight.

So we should have:

Walking Dad with a Factotum (Human or Grey Elf)

Vertexx69 with an Evoker (Grey Elf)

Rayex with a Favored Soul (Race and deity to be determined)

Jemal with a Ranged build (Halfling or Human)

Leaving Moritheil and Legildur to decide what they wish to play.

Jemal: I've been seeing many powerful ranged builds utilizing Complete Scoundrel lately, and a straight Ranger can be a heck of a damage dealer, not to mention the sting of a well build Scout.

Rayex

First Post
What I got so far:

Note: I'm assuming I'll go by the Cleric starting gold.

[sblock]
K'inta

Female elven Favored Soul

Alignment: neutral good
Size: medium
Type: humanoid
Base Speed: 30ft.
Space: 5ft.
Reach: 5ft.

Str: 10 (+0) - 2pts.
Dex: 14 (+2) [12base + 2racial] - 4pts.
Con: 14 (+2) [16base - 2racial] - 10pts
Int: 12 (+1) - 4pts
Wis: 14 (+2) - 6pts
Cha: 16 (+3) - 10pts

HP: 10 (8base + 2con)

AC: 12 (10base + 2dex) / 12 / 10

Saves:
Fortitude: +4 (2base + 2con)
Reflex: +4 (2base + 2dex)
Will: +4 (2base + 2wis)
+2 racial VS enchantment spells or effects

Init: 2 (2dex)

Base attack bonus: 1

Attack:
Heavy Mace: +1, 1d8dmg, Threat 20/x2

Spells:
DC:
Spells per day: 5/4
Spells known: 4/3
0 - Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance
1 - Lesser Vigor, Nimbus of Light, Bless

Skills:
Skill points: 12
Max Skill Ranks: 4
Diplomacy: +7 (4ranks + 3cha)
Heal: +6 (4ranks + 2wis)
Knowledge (Arcana) +5 (4ranks + 1int)
+2 racial to listen, search and spot

Feats:
Lvl 1 - Augment Healing

Languages:
Common
Elven
Sylvan

Equipment:
Heavy Mace (12gp)
Chain Shirt (100gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Bedroll (1sp)
Winter Blanket (5sp)
Trail Rations x 10 (5gp)
Hempen Rope (1gp)
Hooded Lantern (7gp)
Oil x 5 (5sp)

52gp 29sp

Supplied by the militia:
Longsword & Heavy Steel Shield (35gp)

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons
Longsword, rapier, longbow, shortbow.
Light Armor
Medium Armor
Shields

Class Features:

Race Features:
Immune to Sleep effects
Low-light Vision
Elven Weapon Proficiencies
+2 racial to listen, search and spot checks

Info:
K'inta is a stranger in Daunton.
She was born and raised in woodlands as daughter to a minor Druid of Elohnna. Her life there was peaceful and tranquil, untill - he - happened.
He was Rhukan, a fair half-elf studying under her father for a brief period. Brief, when her father realized that Rhukan had set his eyes upon his daughter.
Angered by her father's unreasonable way of sending Rhukan away, K'inta decided to set out and find him. She never knew where he came from, but she had all the time in the world. Untill her journey took her to The Raven Marches.
Settled for a time in Daunton, she somehow found herself in the town militia for a couple of weeks...

K'inta is a somewhat silent woman. Prefering to avoid conflicts, she has devoted herself to be a more suportive role in the militia, healing the wounded and helping her comrades in their struggles.[/sblock]

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
CHARACTER NAME : Ainel
RACE (EL) : Fire Elf +0
CLASS (LEVEL) : Duskblade 1
... NET LEVEL : 1
ALIGNMENT : N
SIZE : Medium
SPEED : 30 ft.
TYPE : Humanoid (Elf)

Ainel is a pale elf of medium height with surprisingly coarse features and black eyes. A few whisper that he has non-elf blood somewhere in his lineage, though generally they do not do so in his presence. He dresses in bright blue in town, switching to greys when in the field so as to blend in better.

Unlike many mages (and many elves), he goes to great lengths to avoid taking affront personally, instead suggesting some other alternative that fits the circumstances. However, once his patience is exhausted, his anger is terrible.

As a matter of personal pride, he trains with the martial weapons of the ancient elves. Ultimately he has taken to pursuing the secrets of the duskblades, as he feels that their path offers him the opportunity to excel at both swordsmanship and magic.

[sblock=crunch]
EXPERIENCE : 0
CASH : 240+50 gp - expenses

ABILITY SCORES 36 point buy: 6+10+10+10+0
Str 14 (+2) (14/base)
Dex 18 (+4) (16/base 2/rac)
Con 14 (+2) (16/base -2/rac)
Int 18 (+4) (16/base 2/rac)
Wis 8 (-1) (8/base)
Cha 6 (-2) (8/base -2/rac)

SAVES
FORT +4 (2/dusk 2/con)
REF +4 (4/dex)
WILL +1 (2/dusk -1/wis) +2 vs. ench

HIT POINTS : 1d8 + 2 = 10
ARMOR CLASS
Standard : 18 (10/base 4/dex 4/armor)
Touch : 14 (10/base 4/dex)
Flat-Foot : 14 (10/base 4/armor)

INITIATIVE : +4 (4/dex)
BASE ATTACK : +1
RANGED : +5 (4/dex)
MELEE : +3 (2/str)

WEAPONS
Spiked Gauntlet [1d4 +2str]
Glaive [1d10 +3str x3]
Mighty Composite Longbow [1d8 +1str x3]

LANGUAGES
Auran, Common, Draconic, Elven, Sylvan, Giant

RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
• Medium size.
• Land speed 30 feet
• Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
• Low Light Vision.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to

notice it as if she were actively looking for that door. An elf’s senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures of the water subtype, including extraplanar creatures from the Elemental Plane of Water.
• -2 penalty on all saving throws against spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities with the water or cold subtype or used by creatures of the

water or cold subtype, including extraplanar creatures from the Elemental Plane of Water.
• Resistance to fire 5.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
• Free MWP: rapier, longsword, all straight bows.
• Favoured Class: Wizard.

CLASS FEATURES
Duskblade: (Sp) 7/day - dancing lights, detect magic, flare, ghost sound, read magic
Ignore light armor/shield ASF.

FEATS
Cha 1 . Precocious Apprentice (2nd level spell: seeking ray, +1 2nd level slot, +2 to spellcraft)
Cha 3 .
Cha 6 .
Cha 9 .
Cha12 .
Cha15 .
Cha18 .
---------------[ Epic Threshold! ]---------------
Cha21 .
Cha24 .

SKILLS 6*4 = 24
Concentration +6 (4 ranks 2 con)
Hide +4 (0 ranks 4 dex)
Know (arcana) +8 (4 ranks 4 int)
Know (local) +8 (4 ranks 4 int)
Know (dungeoneering) +8 (4 ranks 4 int)
Listen +1 (0 ranks -1 wis 2 elf)
Move Silently +2 (0 ranks 4 dex -2 ACP)
Sense Motive +3 (4 ranks -1 wis)
Spellcraft +8 (4 ranks 4 int)

EQUIPMENT 273 gp.
Adventurer's Outfit
Chain Shirt [100 gp; AC 4 ACP -2]
Cold Iron Caltrops x5 [10 gp]
Spiked Gauntlet [5 gp; 1d4]
Glaive [8 gp; 1d10 x3]
Mighty Composite Longbow [150 gp; 1d8 x3 add +1str bon to dmg]

STUFF (cost 14.3 gp)

Hooded Lantern [7 gp]
Oil x10 [1 gp]
Shovel [2 gp]
Waterskin [1 gp]
Symbol [1 gp]
Tindertwig [1 gp]
Bedroll [1 sp]
Parchment [2 sp]
Chalk x5 [5 cp]
Whetstone [2 cp]
Flask of water [3 cp]

SPELLS KNOWN (spells/day: 3/3/1)
0 - acid splash, disrupt undead, ray of frost, touch of fatigue
1 - Rouse, Color Spray
2 - Seeking Ray (medium range touch attack, 4d6 electricity; ignores cover/concealment/melee penalties)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
couple questions :
What book are these 'flaws' from? Unearthed Arcana?

Are we required to take them? (It says "Flaws: You may either select one or roll for two", is there a 'select none' option?)

regarding the 50 gp worth of militia equipment.. can that be augmented by our own money? (IE if I wanted to have a chain shirt, could I spend the 50 'requisition' gp and 50 of my own?)

I think I'm going to be going with a Human fighter or ranger wielding the bow, just need these answers then I'll post my char. (Probly after work)

OutlawJT

First Post
Would you allow someone to play a Shifter and use the Shifter feats from the Eberron books? I'm also interested in the weretouched PrC but it's 5th level ability is a bit overpowered for when it can be acquired. I can have a character ready sometime tomorrow once my questions are answered.

Halford

First Post
Jemal: Yes the laws are from unearthed Arcana, they are also on the SRD
here [Sblock=Link]http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm[/Sblock].

No you do not have to take a flaw, though for each one you take you get a bonus feat.

Yes you may augment militia equipment with your own money, the militia is happy to see you better equipped and gladly accepts money for upgrades.

Rayex: Yes Cleric starting gold it is. Is there anything else you wish to determine about Rhukan? I am a big fan of intergrating character background into the game, and anything not dictated by you I will feel free to have my evil way with. If you do not wish me to do that let me know.

I am also going to need you to explain this to me... I assume it was left over from another character?

Attack:
Claw: +17 (5base + 12str + 1enchantment - 1size), 2d6+12 damage, Threat 20/x2????

moritheil: A nice build, gotta love Seeking Ray! I will allow Fire Elf, but will warn you that given the region you -2 on cold saves could be more troublesome than in an average campaign.

Legildur: A beefy front liner would certainly fill out the group nicely, but don't feel obligated I would rather you played something you would have more fun with.

OutlawJT: Just so everyone is aware I know OutlawJT in person and he had in effect signed up there earlier - I had not expected so many takers so soon. I have no problem running for seven, and we should have a good ward against player attrition!

After careful consideration I have decided to allow 3 Eberron races, at least 2 of which are also featured in Monster Manuals. You may play Shifters, Kalashtar and Changelings. Mot of the racial feats for these races are fine, but please indicate in advance any you feel might be considered especially powerful, or any you will b unduly distressed to find yourself unable to take.

Looking at Weretouched Master the first four levels are fine, but a 10th level character with a +16 to strength and a +8 to Con is frankly terrifying. I also have to wonder why anyone would want to play a Rat Weretouched Master. I suggest tying each animal form into a static set of stats and having a steady progression of increases. Perhaps +2 to one stat at every other level beyond fourth, e.g.

Weretouched Master Rat
5th: +2 Dex
6th: +2 Con
7th: +2 Dex
8th: +2 Con
9th: +2 Dex
10th: +2 Dex

+12 overall which would have different progressions based upon the creature chosen.

Still powerful, but not quite so scary... Of course we can discuss that via email something I am prepared to do with all players btw, feel free to prpose anything that takes your fancy and I will be more than happy to work with you on it.

Last edited:

Remove ads