The Raven Marches

Halford

First Post
Consider it done. Once again I apologize to the group for delaying so long in this. Sadly for some reason it seems like I need to be prodded on this, so you all might have to pull out your proverbial cattle prods.

I am somewhat puzzled as to why I am being so crap about this to tell the truth. I suppose it is the difference between making a quick post and DMing.

Expect an update within the hour and a map.

Jemal

Adventurer
No worries, I know how you feel, I have the same problem. DMing is a lot bigger of a commitment, and sometimes you just don't know what to post, or need to skip a day. A sub-par post by the DM is worse than an OOC "Sorry update will be delayed a day or two".. at least, in my opinion.

Halford

First Post
Thanks Jemal, but I tell you it makes me appreciate my PBP DMs more so I suppose thats a silver lining.

BTW I'd love to hear advice, etc., from the players, this is my first time DMing a PBP and the first battle has been, shall we say, ambitious to say the least. My main concerns are the maps and the tracking of combat, which got away from me upon a couple of occasions. I worry that I may have cheated Ainel out of an attack for example, though it still looks to me like two actions were posted in one round when I dredge back through the posts.

For future combats I will probably post the initiative in all of my posts and keep a set of notes by my computer in RL just so I don't get befuddled.

As for the maps I like Dundjinni, but I want to make sure they are clear to everyone. Wouldassigning single letters to each PC help? Take a look below and let me know if it is easier to understand...

tRIAL.jpg

Obviously I'd also provide a key. How does that match up to the full name version? Better worse, both suck? :hmm:

Walking Dad

First Post
I like the shortened version (DK for Derek).

Symbols would be wonderful, but I uses only excel maps myself when I'm gaming, so I'm in no position to ask more from you :)

Do we really need the blue symbols if we use dual-letters? I could live without them.

Halford

First Post
Hmmm, well again my apologies for my lack of, ummm, whats the word posting in this game. I had sort of let it die given the lack of posting, which to be fair was my fault more than anyones. If enough of the players are still interested I will be happy to restart.

So we have Legildur and Walking Dad so far, if we get a few more declareds then I will start her up again.

Remove ads