Masters of the Arcane IC

Walking Dad

First Post
The lich raising his hand, stepping forward: "My name is Gregorius Darkholme, and as I was helped in my demonstration, I will help you. But don't kill me, please."

Halford

First Post
Halford steps out of his Magnificent Mansion at this and speaks.

"I believe you will need another volunteer if your magics are to be Mind Effecting. Our late friend here is immune to such effects. I another casting of Polymorph any Object is in order, if one of my colleagues would be so good?"

So saying the musician bows low and returns to his comforts.

[Sblock=OOC]I would offer Halford himself up, but you would need a casting stat of 28+ for him to fail against a ninth level Mind Effecting Spell with anything other than an natural 1. Beguiler is going to be tough at these levels.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"In this case, I will gladyly step aside. But I'm very interested in your display of mind magic and illusion." Gregorius says with a slight bow.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nick does an excellent job of keeping the look of disgust from his face at the Lich's appearance. The only way one could tell how he really felt was through basic common sense. "Er, thank you but-" He is somewhat relieved when Halford interrupts him, saying exactly what he was a second away from thinking of himself. "Yes, I'm afraid so." He sighs. "Well I doubt my spells would be reliably effective against anyone powerful enough to be gathered here."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Mind if I borrow that Scorpion? It shouldn't be permanent."Elzmyr grins to Halford as the musician returns to his mansion.
(Assuming he agrees)

A small scorpion comes flying out of the mansion suddenly, transforming into a large DRAGON on the way, which roars as it hovers above Nick.

"Be careful, that one's not under anybody's control.... Have fun!"
Comes the dragon-mage's shouted words right behind it.

*back in the mansion*
"Now THIS is entertainment" Elzmyr says to Halford as he starts humming the 'clash of the titans tune', and taps the table in time to the beat. Soon enough, the tune is playing on it's own, seeming to emanate from the table itself, exactly as Halford had played it a few moments before.
"It IS a rather good song."

[sblock=ooc]
Another Polymorph any Object : Scorpion to Large Red Dragon.
[Same kingdom(animal) Duration factor 5: 12 hours], and I use a Telekinesis to hurl it out the door, cuz I don't trust touching another man's scorpion. ;).
Sigh, you guys're lucky I'm such a fan of over-using/abusing magic. ;)

Stealing the 'song' from Halford is the 0 lvl bardic spell "GhostHarp" from spell compendium. :)
Spells used today:1 5th lvl spell slot, 2 7th lvl spell slots, FIVE 8th lvl spell slots, and a 9th lvl spell slot.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nicks scans the room and takes a glance at all those assembled.

OOC: From the "Couple Dozen" mages gathered around I assume there're NPCs? I don't want to Dominate anyone's character just yet. Just who else is here?

Halford

First Post
Halford grins and plucks a scorpion from his pouch handing it to the Elzmyr.

"The least I could do to aide a colleague. I always carry at least ten, not to mention the centipedes and spiders."

As Elzmyr calls up the musician's own melody he positively beams.

"Ah, now you my friend I could grow to like! You have taste and style a rare and most desirable combination."

With that and taping a toe in perfect time with the music Halford sits back to watch the spectacle of Beguiler versus Dragon. Elzmyr could have chosen an easier foe he supposes, but then that would hardly be a challenger suitable for these echelons of power.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Uh thanks." Nick begins casts a spell and the dragon stares at him blankly. He then speak in Draconic to it. And the dragon rears up on it's hind legs, Nick comes up next to it and they do a short waltz around the circle, short because the dragon is rather bad at dancing considering it's size. Nick steps back, mutters something else in Draconic and the dragon leaps into the air and spews fire from it's mouth at the sky before coming back down to stand obediently next to the human. "By the way, how long will this spell of yours last? I don't want this dragon to suddenly turn into a mindless poisonous vermin and sting me."

[sblock=OOC]Dominate Monster: DC 26[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr shakes his head. "You're supposed to be a talented mage.. you tell me."
[sblock=ooc]
DC 23 spellcraft check will tell you it's a polymorph any object spell, and thus the duration for a change like that (scorpion to large red dragon) is 12 hours or until dispelled)
[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nick sighs and thinks about it for a moment. "Yes, alright. I must say that I am not used to displaying my abilities like this. Generally, it is much wiser to keep my magic unnoticed..." He shrugs. "I am much more accustomed to using my magic to avert potential violence. For instance, show me a Harpy and I'll show you a flying babysitter with a lovely singing voice." He speaks to the dragon again and it takes flight, spinning and swooping about in a great show of aerobatics. "Perhaps this place will not suit me, but there is only one way to find out for certain..." Nick casts another spell and a beautiful creature with the lower body of a coiled serpent and the torso of a humanoid woman appears bearing a harp. She begins to play a her instrument and the dragon dances in the sky to the song. After several second the Lillend disappears and the dragon comes to a landing again beside Nick. He leads it away from the center of the circle where it lies down. He puts a hand on against it's body and it suddenly goes limp, apparently unconscious. "I hope that was enough. I'm not sure what else I can show you besides more illusions. You can have your scorpion back now. Don't worry it's just unconcsious"

[sblock=OOC] Shades: Summon Monster 8 Lillend DC 24 to disbelieve, Whelm DC 16, 5d6 nonlethal damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads