Masters of the Arcane IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Gregorius

Halford said:
"Please come in my friends! I have no qualm with you or your familiar, indeed I have considered lichdom myself, though I am afraid I have had little chance to study the rituals as yet. Please come in, take a seat."

Halford urges magnanimously.

[Sblock=OOC]Let me know if I need bother with a Sense Motive on that comment Walking Dad, I assume not.[/Sblock]
"Thank you!"
To the "raven": "Ralyx, behave!"
To his "victim": "See you later at the party. Perhaps there is someone willing to help you."

Dire Lemming

First Post
After recovering from another of the mad man's irresistible spells and wondering what in the hells is wrong with him for a few seconds Nick notices the paralyzed mage and walks over to him. He looks him over for a bit then asks, "Uh... Master Gregorious, just what have you done to him?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr laughs as people keep examining and speaking to the 'paralyzed mage'... apparently nobody had noticed the man get Disintegrated earlier, so he was using an illusion to see who could see through such things.

[sblock=ooc]
Um, Halford disintegrated the paralyzed mage several posts back
halford said:
The musician steps forward and casts disintergrate upon the paralyzed mage annihalating him in a single instance.

"I may help my peers, but I am selective in whom I choose to add to that number. That gentleman did not qualify."
Hence, I've since used Disguise spell on a Minor Image (duration=Concentration) and am using it to figure out who can see through illusions. If you don't have true sight currently cast, you get a will save if/when you touch 'him' (interact). Halford, of course, knows this is an illusion as he saw himself kill the man, but due to my disguise spell feat, none of the rest of you should be able to have identified my casting.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
From the shadows in the back the dark elf observes the others and their interactions intently. He utters not a word and does not move to intervene.

Albedo

First Post
The group of casters in the Mansion recieve a rude awakening to the reality of their situation. they are suddenly thrown upon the ground as the magical extraplanar space dissapates. Before they raise a word of protest, the sky begins to fill with color as magical energy gathers, then strikes down on the field of mages. Then, blackness.

[sblock=ooc]
K, lets just get this part over with. There is no applicable defense I have seen on any of your character sheets to protect you from this particular occurance. Elemental Immunity=Fail, Undead=Fail, SR=Fail, Counterspell=Fail, Teleport=Fail, Planeshift=You're out, Ect... Just go with it.
[/sblock]

You all wake up inside a well furnished, private room. There is a note on your door congratulating you on your successful entry into the school, as well as a notice to meet in the assembly hall in your building ASAP. On the back is a map and a detailed picture of the location. The buidling seems rather small, fit for housing merely a dozen people, includes a dining hall, and the formentioned assembly hall.

[sblock=ooc]
Now to cover a more important topic, just for those who continue to argue on character etiquette. You guys were tasked with impressing those who witnessed your entry exams. However, none of you considered that this didn't have anything to do with spellcasting. They all knew you could cast spells. Thats why you were picked. They were scanning for personality traits and skills that demonstrated an ability and a will to overcome the barrier of the normal folks and transcend into epic. Don't worry though, you were all intended to act the way you did.

Elzmyr: You showed a brave confidence in your abilities when you stepped forward in an uncertain situation and took charge. You are assumed to be willing to doggedly march forward in your goals and not look back.

Halford Daern: You showed a calculating personality, judging your peers and analizing the situation before stepping forward. Your look before you leap attitude, paired with a fast reaction when you took up the second demonstration show that you can temper the hotheaded in your group, but will not be indeccisive when it comes to an opportunity.

Gregorius: You displayed a logical way of looking at magics, not held back by conventional morals. While leaving people such as yourself alone would be troublesome, you give a conventional group of casters a unique vantagepoint that can allow them to overcome obstacles they could not otherwise handle.

Kinslath: Skilled divine casters are a sought out commodity in this school. Not because they are more powerful than the arcane, but because they represent a unique sect of spell casting and can offer much to the table the otherside couldn't even dream of. The biggest value in this is belief, which is also their biggest downside. Divine masters are usually too caught up with their own beliefs to accept help from other sources, thinking the jump to epic is a matter of faith, rather than skill and intelligence. The very fact that you are here almost garaunteed your entrance, though a display was still required to determine if you were sincere.

Trevor: You're demonstration was fairly cliche among the ones that proceeded you, but the was one small thing that set you apart. Cleaning the dust off of your clothes revieled an obsessive compulsive aspect to your personality. A distinct attention to detail that would be very useful in your continues studies into the arcane, pending you pay it as much value as your appearance. It is assumed this is the case though, considering you are here afterall.

Nicholas: You have shown an aire of restraint, the ability to not get provoked or lose sight of your greater objective. Such patience shall be a virtue in a quest involving so many egos.

Alphina: One could consider your ruthlessness to be lumped in with Gregorius', though that would be a mistake. While his dark art requires a certain moral ambiguity, You seem to truly be willing to put your powers to the test on any within your sight. This anxiousness to pull out your powers for their "true" usage, rather than simple tests indicates a willingness to take risks, and an understanding of the true usage of destructive magical powers.

To all who question the direction of this campaign, your goal is to become epic. I can't tell you how to do it or what such a path entails. It depends on your characters and your goals. If you want to be combat mages fighting it out for superiority, go nuts. If you choose to study and craft, and generally be a peaceful member of the school, thats fine too. The exact details on how to do either method will be presented later. For now, role playing.
[/sblock]

[sblock=KerlanRayne]
You got a character up in the Rogues Gallery, but you did not meet my deadline for starting posts. This is going to cause a problem since I have no intention of waiting to start any longer. So what are we going to do here? Please respond OOC.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Well, that was interesting. I wonder what spell or effect that was. Perhaps Greater Plane Shift or a derivative of it. Trevor says to himself as he gets up, straightens his clothing and hat, and sees the note. He takes the note and reads it carefully before turning it over to look at the map.

Ah, quite convenient, our mysterious instructors have provided a detailed layout of the meeting room.

Carefully folding the note/map, he places it in his pocket.
Casting a spell to raise his defenses a bit before he leaves.
I could walk to the assembly room but why waste such a nice map our hosts have provided.
Then, with a few arcane words, he is gone.

[sblock=ooc]
spells used: Superior resistance, greater teleport
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey, Nick realized that spellcasting wasn't the important thing in my first post! Don't lump him in with those brutes!

Dire Lemming said:
It seems that handsome human males are practically sprouting from the ground in this place as another one, this time with combed back short dark brown hair, gray eyes, and a light brown skin steps forward. "Masters, Mistresses, and others... My name is Nicholas Cappola for any of you who care, but call me Nick if you want. I am not sure how I can impress you." He says, facing directly towards the cloaked figures. "Considering why we are here you all must surely see feats much greater than any of us can yet imagine quite regularly. I also am afraid that much like the good lich here who has chosen to remain anonymous, I can't exercise my my true powers without a living volunteer, one with a mind, at that. Unlike the venerable one however, my volunteer would still live at the end of the demonstration. Well, if not then I am limited to Illusions and a few small tricks that I am sure most of you have seen before." Nick glances around to see if any volunteers materialize before going on.
[/sblock]

Nick sits up in his bed and sighs, It seems that I made it. So either I was right, or we were all wrong... Well, whatever the case... It seems I won't be safe the entire time I'm here... A pity, these bloods could achieve so much if they weren't so busy fighting over who has achieved more in the past... He shakes his head and stands. Alright, Mind Blank, what else? That leatherhead Alphina... I swear I knew a lady with that name... He seems like the type that won't back down unless he meets someone who seems stronger than him... A classic bully... Can't believe it. I wonder if there's anyone I haven't met yet here. Power's know I'm not getting on with the ones I have. Nick changes his clothes, casts his defensive spells, picks up the note and heads for the assembly hall.

[sblock=ooc]Casting Screen on the room, Mind Blank and Moment of Prescience on myself. Anything else I should consider?

The Screen will simply show the room looking exactly as it does now minus Nick's presence, it's just for privacy.[/sblock]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Albedo said:
[sblock=KerlanRayne]
You got a character up in the Rogues Gallery, but you did not meet my deadline for starting posts. This is going to cause a problem since I have no intention of waiting to start any longer. So what are we going to do here? Please respond OOC.[/sblock]
[SBLOCK=Albedo]Sorry about that. The screen on my laptop has been smashed to bits and I've been having trouble using the data that was stored on it. I think I have it figured out but I can't go mobile with it until I replace my laptop. I was about to have my character dispel the Mansion and say something to those inside.It looks like it's too late for that now.I can write that up and you can alter your post slightly, you can drop me, or maybe something else. It's up to you.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
[sblock=KerlanRayne]
Since there were extenuating circumstances involved, I'll let the lateness go. Post a demonstration that doesn't involve the other PCs, and make it look good. Everyone else has given a noteworthy display of their powers. Then join in real time.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Halford awakens in a well appointed room, though not one inkeeping with his usual flare for the grandious.

"Ah, I see you do have something to teach me. That is a relief, I bow before a superior artist. Was dispelling my mansion strictly necessary though? I was rather fond of it, in future you need not waste your magics I am content to follow instruction."

He does indeed bow, with a curious half smile playing across his features. Spying the note upon the door he moves over and gioves it a cursory examination, assuming that the masters of this place are unlikely to resort to glyphs or explosive runes.

Having read the note, Halford checked his possessions, used prestidigitation to render himself immaculate once more and followed the directions of the map to the assembly hall.

As he walked he attempted to float in order to access whether or not his Overland Flight spell was still in operation.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases