Masters of the Arcane IC

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nick listens quietly to the announcement, only glancing strangely at the lich when it is mentioned that they had died. Last I knew when the undead die they either stay that way or come back fully alive with some help... Well I guess Liches have their... er, well whatever it's called. Still, it might be a good question to ask if he doesn't. Probably ought to ask about any rules of conduct that might be enforced here too, don't want to step on any powerful toes.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Well, if that is what dying here is like, it's a new sensation for me. definitely not like the times I've died before. Trevor says.

Then he scans the room, mentally noting which of the previously gathered mages were admitted to the school. An interesting collection of abilities and personalities to be sure.

I believe the lecture on transmutation sounds positively intriguing. I'm all for attending. Trevor adds.

He stands up, carefully smoothing the creases on his clothing. After all, in the presence of such powerful beings, it wouldn't do to look unkempt.

Halford

First Post
"Count me in Elzmyr I am ever willing to learn. As to death, I am only sad I do not recall more for I am certain it prove inspiration for many a song - not that I wish to be so inspired anytime soon!"

The musician steps forward and gives a small bow to the Elf regarding him with naked curiosity.

"Greetings Master, I am the musician Halford Daern as you are no doubt aware - no relation to the mage of the same name. I would be deeply honored to see a demonstration of your abilities if such is permissable. Such magics must be worthy of a symphony."

Halford smiles as his finger tips run across the handle of one of the whips strapped at his waist.

"I am also curious about the formats offered for arena battle, and would sign myself up. I find that combat hones my abilities to a point where I can give of myself to the creation of magical items, something I feel more than a little naked without. My preference is to work with my colleagues rather than against them, but I am prepared to match my skills against their own if necessary"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Yes" Elzmyr perks up "I was wondering that too. Sounds like an interesting way to get to know your peers, especially without the usual worry of permanent disability, though knowing you're safe does take away a small bit of the excitement..."

Halford

First Post
"Well we could always finish you with a blade Elzmyr, I am sure we wouldn't want to deprive you of your excitement! As for myself merely being burnt to a crisp, disintergrated, or even humiliated, will be sufficient incentive, it makes death seem almost an after thought."

Halford chuckles.

Graybeard

Explorer
If you wish to be burned to a crisp or disintegrated, I'm sure one of us here would be happy to oblige you. Trevor responds with a chuckle. Now we must not keep our teacher too long. We have a lecture to attend on transmutation that sounds positively life changing.

Walking Dad

First Post
"I will attend the transmutation lecture, too. The possibilities in transforming one dead body into another are endless! I hope we get the opportunity for creation and experimentation far away from moral issues." Gregorius says grinning (he is grinning, isn't he?).

Remove ads