Shado

Explorer
UPDATE: Version 1.2 available - 6/24/08

Files in this post.

v1.2 Revision notes here .

v1.1 Revision notes here .

-------------------------

Greetings all!

I've been playing D&D for nearly 25 years, and since the beginning, I've been making my own characters sheets.

I initially started drawing the sheets for all my friends by hand. Late in the 2e cycle, I finally got a computer, and was crazy enough to make my first computer sheets in paint. I've since improved my methods, and as my software skills have improved, so has my design.

The release of 4e marks the first time that I've made the effort to share my work beyond the table of my gaming group.

I'm a big fan in the merging of form and function, and I've learned a lot from my gaming group in what works and what doesn't. I've done a lot to bring this all together.

The design is intended to be used with power cards, so it may not be appropriate for all tables.

Anyway, I'd love feedback. The sheet will evolve as I get a chance to play more 4e, but constructive criticism is very welcome, and can only help me improve it with time.

Let me know what'cha think.

Enjoy!

P.S. - The Ritual Sheet will be ready soon. EDIT: It's ready! :D

Attachments

• Shado's 4e D&D Character Sheets v1.2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 18,458
Last edited:

MadLetter

First Post
I like them so far :)

Would need to play with them to see how "effective" they are, but I would tip on them being quite good in play :)

mattdm

First Post
There are really very nice — excellent work.

The format of the weapon/powers section of the combat area seems like it could use some improvement. I suppose a fighter with a lot of weapons might have a slew of basic attacks, but most people will have at most two. And isn't it only humans who have more than two at-wills?

I guess my point is: I see the reason for versatility in this section, but it'd be even nicer to have the color-coding be meaningful at a glance rather than having check-boxes.

Maybe the thing to do is produce multiple versions of the PDFs with different options. :)

Siberys

Adventurer
Right now, I'm sheet-shopping, looking for the perfect in-game sheet, and once I've got some choices, I'll narrow down the list. Some are visually appealing, like this one, while others are very well organised, though they all lack one thing I greatly desire; an RP info sheet. Things like Mental, Physical, and Historical descriptions, Portrait space, campaign and character notes, etc. That'd be lovely. Though it's your choice, ultimately, I'd like to see this. If you could add one, I'd appreciate that!

EDIT: If I didn't make it clear, this sheet is GORGEOUS. And, while usability is very high as-is, it improves immensely if the added utility of an RP sheet is there.

Last edited:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Whoah, this looks fantastic. Can't say how functional, but looks good. Need to try it.

I used to draw my own too ;). Have since done in words so I can type details in. Ever done one so nice in word? :)

C

Last edited:

EdPovi

First Post
Nice sheet, I like the color and layout.

Some things to consider:
- Maybe use the power spaces on the 1st page just for at-will powers.
- For the Power sheets, add a way to mark which powers are memorized, vs just in spell book (wizards only).

Maybe a rights-enabled form so it can be filled in and saved.

I'm sure it will be improved though use, but I must say it's purty...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases