D&D 4E Shado's 4e Color Landscape Sheets v1.2: UPDATED 6/24

Zzorba

First Post
These character sheets are fantastic--light years ahead of the official sheets. My whole group is using them now. Thanks so much for all the hard work, Shado.

Valyar and Vesper--you guys are awesome. The fillable sheets work great. Thanks to you too.

Are there any plans from you guys (or anyone else) to do any more work on these? I have no idea how do do it myself, but I'd love to have a v1.2 fillable character sheet. Also, Vesper's character sheet has an awesome feature that resizes your text if you're running over the space in the box. The powers sheet doesn't have it, but it would be even more usable if it did. Anyone have the time and inclination to work on that?

tintagel

Explorer
Hey Shado, I jsut wanted to say that you sheets inspired me to make an Excel 2007 version.

The PDF is pretty big, and my Acrobat 8 seems to chug along trying to fill it out. In short, PDF is very versatile but sluggish.

I tried to stay as faithful to yours as I could, but also took advantage of some Excel stuff too, like conditional formatting.

Here is mine (attached). Note that I am including the native 2007 version, plus a 2003 copy. I can't tell you what the 2003 will look like without the Office 2007 themes...

Attachments

• 4Esheet_Shado_Tintagel_v2.zip
    943.7 KB · Views: 341

Irda Ranger

First Post
Let me know what'cha think.

The design is very clean. It's probably the best looking sheet I've seen.

One thing that bugs me though (and lots of sheets have this problem) is that there isn't enough room on the sheet itself to describe the powers you use in every single round of combat. And the power sheet is too "diffuse". You'd be much better off with 10 lines (single spaced) like this:

(at-W/E/D) - :)bmelee:, :close:, etc.) - (Range) - (Power Name) - ([xx] vs. [xx]) - (Description of Effect)

And that last line should be long enough to encompass crib notes on effects, durations, sustain, secondary attacks, miss effects, etc. Just putting down "Damage" doesn't cut it.

Seeker_of_Truth

First Post
One thing that bugs me though (and lots of sheets have this problem) is that there isn't enough room on the sheet itself to describe the powers you use in every single round of combat.

From the OP

The design is intended to be used with power cards, so it may not be appropriate for all tables.

If your powers are fully detailed on power cards, what's the point of duplicating that info on the main sheet?

Irda Ranger

First Post
Hey guys.. sorry I've been absent recently. Lots of real life getting in the way! Here's a quick fix for this bug. BTW, thanks for doing the powers & rituals sheets that I never got around to finishing! At some point, I'd like to redo the form on the newer sheet, but I wouldn't expect it to be real soon. (I need to start gearing up for GenCon! :))

Hope you've recovered from GenCon. :)

If you're still looking at making edits here, would it be too much work to get the Item Weights to sum up under "Current Weight Carried" and to auto-calc the Loads?

Just little things to make life easier.... :)

Also, would it be possible to center or right-align the Experience entries? Left-align just looks odd for numbers ....

Thank you so much! This sheet is awesome (not that I'm on the Power Card page). :)

tintagel

Explorer
The design is very clean. It's probably the best looking sheet I've seen.

One thing that bugs me though (and lots of sheets have this problem) is that there isn't enough room on the sheet itself to describe the powers you use in every single round of combat. And the power sheet is too "diffuse". You'd be much better off with 10 lines (single spaced) like this:

(at-W/E/D) - :)bmelee:, :close:, etc.) - (Range) - (Power Name) - ([xx] vs. [xx]) - (Description of Effect)

And that last line should be long enough to encompass crib notes on effects, durations, sustain, secondary attacks, miss effects, etc. Just putting down "Damage" doesn't cut it.

That's exactly my thoughts, and why I chose Excel to re-envision Shado's work. Excel lets you get much tighter in your design. See the screenshots.

Edit: I'm attaching a PDF printout of a filled in character sheet. (1st level wizard). Note that we use Power and Item cards, so those pages have bogus data in them - just to give you an idea of what it would look like. The colors for power frequency are automatically applied when you select the appropriate value from a pull-down menu (conditional formatting).

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 315
  • ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 217
  • ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ScreenHunter_04 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Sep. 24 08.40.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Sample-1st.pdf
    246 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Lakoda

First Post
Just found your sheets Shado. I really like 'em!!! A few small things, there doesn't seem to be anyway to easily track ammo, a tracker for the number of times you've used magic item daily powers would be nice. Also, an initiative tracker in the same style would rule.
Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases