Spoiler rules Question: Healing lore/Healing Word

Bestopheles

First Post
So guys...does healing lore add to a clerics healing word power?

On the one hand, healing word could be argued to be a class feature, so maybe you wouldn't add healing lore. On the other hand, healing word is a power with the healing descriptor, so I don't see why you wouldn't add the lore bonus. It just seems a bit...over powered, so I wanted to make sure.

Last edited:

Fildrigar

Explorer
one thing I've been noticing throughout the Cleric section, is some of the powers that heal direct you to add your WIS bonus to the healed damage, and some powers don't mention it at all. Healing Lore directs you to add your WIS bonus to all powers that heal and have the "Healing" keyword.

Is this just a little bit of sloppy editing, or do they intend you to add the WIS bonus twice?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Fildrigar said:
one thing I've been noticing throughout the Cleric section, is some of the powers that heal direct you to add your WIS bonus to the healed damage, and some powers don't mention it at all. Healing Lore directs you to add your WIS bonus to all powers that heal and have the "Healing" keyword.

Is this just a little bit of sloppy editing, or do they intend you to add the WIS bonus twice?
Actually, the healing powers that direct you to add a stat bonus exclusively (as far as I remember) direct you to add +Cha. In which case, you do indeed get to add +Wis and +Cha both. Of course, by the time you start getting to those powers in earnest, the relative power of the stat bonus vis-a-vis a healing surge will have decreased (frex, at first level, a Cleric with 20 Wisdom will add +5 to healing, which might double the amount healed by a healing surge of a PC with 23 HP, but at level 21, even a Demigod with 28 Wis and 22 Cha is only adding +15 to healing with double-stat powers, and that same PC who had 23 HP at level 1 now probably has 123 HP and a surge of 30, so the effective utility of +Wis&Cha is half that of just +Wis at level 1.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases